Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64170 Topics
447791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#358080 - 03/30/11 10:42 AM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Mel Levine also advertised himself as an M.D. on the new website he created after the North Carolina Medical Board forced him to give up his license. As a result of a number of citizens complained about Levine's false advertising, the North Carolina Board contacted him on the matter. Subsequently, Levine took down his entire website.

As for Frontera, what if you were a parent with an autistic child who didn't know he had his license revoked for child molestation, and you took your child to him for a consultation? Did the Board of Physicians stipulate that he could no longer work with children?

Edited by pluckmemory (03/30/11 10:44 AM)

#358081 - 03/30/11 10:45 AM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
just me Offline

Why isn't he in jail?????

If you look at the official reason it was revoked it went from 5 patients to 12....but he wasn't prosecuted....What!!!!!!!!! Why isn't he rotting in jail

11/06/2009
SUMMARY SUSPENSION. THE BOARD CONCLUDED THAT THE PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY OR WELFARE IMPERATIVELY REQUIRED EMERGENCY ACTION BASED ON ITS INVESTIGATIVE FINDINGS THAT THE PHYSICIAN VIOLATED THE STANDARDS OF QUALITY CARE AND FAILED TO KEEP ADEQUATE MEDICAL RECORDS, ENGAGED IN SEXUAL IMPROPRIETIES AND MISCONDUCT WITH 5 PATIENTS, AND MADE A MISREPRESENTATION ON A CLINICAL PRIVILEGE APPLICATION IN HIS PRACTICE OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY.

03/26/2010
Permanent Revocation. The Board concluded that the physician was guilty of immoral and unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine; failed to meet the standards of quality care; failed to keep adequate medical records; and violated the Board`s sexual misconduct regulations in regard to 12 minor patients. The physician made misrepresentations on privilege application which constituted immoral and unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine; making or filing a false report or record in the practice of medicine; and making a false representation in an application related to the practice of medicine.

#358089 - 03/30/11 01:05 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: just me]
pluckmemory Offline

Meredith Cohn, the reporter from the Baltimore Sun is going to find out what is going on with the police investigation. Last time I checked with her seven months ago, the investigation was still open.

#358112 - 03/30/11 04:36 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

I sent an email to the Maryland Board of Physicians concerning Frontera registering his "MD" domain four months after he had his license revoked.

mbpmail@rcn.com

Also, for those who are outraged by this, you can contact Baltimore Sun reporter Meredith Cohn: mcohn@baltsun.com

Jason League, the prosecutor in the Maryland State's Attorney's office who was investigating Frontera last year. jleague@baltimorecountymd.gov

Edited by pluckmemory (03/30/11 04:36 PM)

#358117 - 03/30/11 05:14 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
just me Offline

Here is the most recent case review that concludes with his permanent license revocation. It is signed and consented to by Frontera as well.

How could the police read this and not charge him with a crime?

Major Trigger warnings

http://www.mbp.state.md.us/BPQAPP/orders/D3755903.260.pdf

#358127 - 03/30/11 07:35 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: just me]
pluckmemory Offline

This other recent bio of Frontera http://cvshare.net/miguelfrontera states that Miguel Frontera, M.D. holds Board Certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and General Psychiatry.

Um, excuse me, but how can you be "Board Certified" if you've had your medical license revoked??

Edited by pluckmemory (03/30/11 07:37 PM)

#358216 - 03/31/11 04:07 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

The William Ayres blog just posted a thread on Frontera:

"Miguel Frontera Lost His License For Molesting Boys. So Why Is He Still Claiming To Be a Board Certified M.D.?

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2011/03/miguel-frontera-lost-his-license-for.html

They caught him lying about being a Board Certified M.D. and about being a member of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.

Edited by pluckmemory (03/31/11 06:54 PM)

#359557 - 04/13/11 01:59 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Beth Casteel, spokesperson for the American Psychiatric Association, has informed me today that they have officially revoked Frontera's membership in that organization.

#361028 - 04/29/11 02:57 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Some of us protested Frontera's new websites about his work to the Board of Maryland Physicians. Looks like it paid off, because he's added some new information to them. Here's an example: http://miguelfrontera.businesscard2.com/

Miguel Frontera, M.D. gave up his medical license in 2010. He is presently retired and lives in Baltimore MD.[NOTE: CAMELOT: ASDAC is a non-profit organization that, as a public education consortium, is solely tasked with the dissemination of information about ASDs and their potential new treatments to the general population. CAMELOT DOES NOT CONDUCT RESEARCH NOR DOES IT TREAT ANY INDIVIDUALS WHETHER AFFECTED BY ASDS OR OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS AS IT IS NEITHER A RESEARCH NOR A MEDICAL ORGANIZATION.]Miguel Frontera's Contact InfoRETIRED
RetiredBaltimore, Maryland 21212

Edited by pluckmemory (04/29/11 02:58 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.