Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, aniceguy), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#356445 - 03/13/11 07:43 PM Re: Fairness in Housing = Pedophile Hunting Grounds [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I did not malign Lee. I never stated anything other than legitimate concern. I do not and did not claim to know where Lee stands.

My intention is not to malign anyone. My intention is for clarity and I feel that the team has not been 100% open with me. I have attempted to resolve this with Howard. Basically we are at a place where I acknowledge that I am bringing distrust to the weekend, and that is OK.

I am aware that I am projecting on Lee. However, don't you think it's fair for this gay man to ask any counsellor or therapist who is openly LDS what his beliefs and values are around the rightness of gay relationships?

#356447 - 03/13/11 07:51 PM Re: Fairness in Housing = Pedophile Hunting Grounds [Re: risingagain]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Considering some of the myths that so-called "conservative" religions are spreading about gays, I think it's completely fair that I would feel distrust LDS members working in CSA healing.

Trust is a moment-by-moment assessment.

I have a right to trust and I have a right to not trust, and I have spoken honestly in each moment about where I am.

I encourage others to make up their own mind about the WoR. I will post my experiences when I get back. Who knows, maybe it will be an incredibly positive experience?

#357958 - 03/28/11 08:14 PM Re: Fairness in Housing = Pedophile Hunting Grounds [Re: risingagain]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK Boys

I am back from the WoR.

In a word: GO.

It gets the gay seal-of-approval from this survivor.

smile

#357960 - 03/28/11 08:53 PM Re: Fairness in Housing = Pedophile Hunting Grounds [Re: risingagain]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I'm very glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#357965 - 03/28/11 09:51 PM Re: Fairness in Housing = Pedophile Hunting Grounds [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile

Yes, and I needed to have that chance to protect my little boy too.... all for a reason, bud, all for a reason.

J

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.