Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443032 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#357817 - 03/27/11 12:09 PM Services for Those in the DC Area
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Looks very thorough and well thought out - I am impressed.

http://www.dcrcc.org/support_counseling/male_survivors/C125/our_services5/

#357832 - 03/27/11 02:45 PM Re: Services for Those in the DC Area [Re: prisonerID]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
I looked at the books & resources section and there is that book called "Male On Male Rape." Is that the one you're reading?

- Saint John of the Cross

#357842 - 03/27/11 05:39 PM Re: Services for Those in the DC Area [Re: CruxFidelis]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Peter,

That is the one I am reading - slowly. Not what I would term a classic but when there is not much out there one has to make do with what is available. It is several years old but nothing has been written since then. There are some things that made me think a bit and will post some short statements one day soon.

Daryl

#357917 - 03/28/11 11:55 AM Re: Services for Those in the DC Area [Re: prisonerID]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I've heard of them and their work with men. They prominently propose the option to speak to a male councilor via the hotline for example, which is the first I've seen.

I'd like to hear more about all that.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#357925 - 03/28/11 02:31 PM Re: Services for Those in the DC Area [Re: LandOfShadow]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I too liked reading that a male could be requested to speak with when someone called the place. I am sure there is someone here who has used the facility. I would would like to hear from them if they feel led to share with us.

I think it is wonderful that this place exists. If I were to ever travel there I would make a point to visit such a place.

Daryl

#357939 - 03/28/11 05:44 PM Re: Services for Those in the DC Area [Re: prisonerID]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'm trying to get in touch with a previous intern there named Joel. Anyone?

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.