Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Xr2, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63589 Topics
444235 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#357933 - 03/28/11 04:20 PM texas monthly april issue 2011
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
quite an account out of houston in the april issue of texas monthly. appropriately titled: the lost boys -- the worst serial killer you've never heard of.

was difficult to read and has stuck with me for days. and in my view, a lot of information and assumptions were missing - which i think was the point and served this story well.

before they called them what they were, "pedophile" dean corll and two of his sex slaves killed more than two dozen boys in the early 1970s...and no one seemed to grasp the enormity of the crime. so they say. the number of deaths very likely higher, but it is clear we will ever know the full body count.

humble me thinks...it was far more telling of what was going on in the political (city hall, police, courts, etc.) system at that time in old texas, that made it so terribly important to hush this story up. for it was to expose corll's hideous acts in 1973 that threatened to expose the deeds of other, "more gentler, vanilla" pedophiles next.

#358350 - 04/01/11 09:44 PM Re: texas monthly april issue 2011 [Re: westchesterguy]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I read up on this case extensively. Coryll was shot by one of his minions after he tied him to the "board" and then decided to let him go. What is amazing is the number of boys disappearing and the police just brushing off the parents. And then to top it off, they were specifically informed of the location of more bodies, knew there were more bodies in the places they were already digging and knew that he showed the same pattern of behaviors and obtained the same materials for years, BUT decided to stop digging because 1) they were running out of morgue space and 2) it was having a horrible effect on the police digging up the bodies. If you ask me, you find every desk jockey that told the parents these kids were just runaways and you make them dig up the bodies. I hate stupid and lazy police. I long ago learned all the police will do is come after the fact and photograph your body. In this case, they didn't even finish the job of photographing the bodies.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.