Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#35714 - 06/22/02 03:11 AM Re: Molest/Molestation
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
Yeah, i do too. Its too hard for people to call it what it is. Rape. There is nothing a child can do to prevent the abuse of trust they must have in adults. Everybody sugar coats the reality of the situation to make it more bearable for THEM, nevermind the victom.

#35715 - 06/22/02 10:40 AM Re: Molest/Molestation
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
When these acts come to court, they are called "Criminal Sexual assault of a minor" or "unlawful sexual contact" Media always likes to sanitize their print and broadcast words, in case the kids are listening I guess. But if they used the correct terms, maybe kids would recognize that these types of acts and behaviors are in fact "criminal" and worthy of reporting to their parents, guardians and the authorities. I know if I had been told that adult masturbation of a child was "criminal sexual assault", I might have been more inclined to actually tell somebody and get something done about it when the time was right.

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.