Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, Cthulhu, BraveFalcon, Obi), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447659 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#357086 - 03/19/11 01:43 PM Re: Kalevala [Re: petercorbett]
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
Pete,

You should be proud of what you now do to help others smile

My T suggested my obsession with perfection is a result of the abuse, and my eagerness to please him, and also that it's a little unrealistic. It's a little upsetting to think my success and achievements are due to a man who groomed taught me to be perfect at what he wanted. But I'm proud of my career, of what I have done to help my community and fellow human beings.

-Tommy

-My favorite book.

#357091 - 03/19/11 03:31 PM Re: Kalevala [Re: petercorbett]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
Hey Peter,

There's no shame in getting a GED and enlisting in the Air Force you should feel pride in doing both! So many of us guys with CSA/SA way too often struggled with learning. We experienced too many obstacles as barriers to our educations. In my case I missed a lot of school during the years of the abuse. The result was that I missed out on a lot of learning, there were huge chunks missing from my education. When I was present I was so anxious and dissociative that I continued to miss out on even more.

I wonder if our mothers knew each other, they seem at least to be kindred spirits. My mom loved me in her way, but was damaging too. I once told my CSA T that I thought that Mom had probably done the best she could and the T said "Perhaps, but there are times when a persons best just isn't good enough!" I was sorta shocked at her saying that, but it made sense and it put some of the responsibility for not protecting me right back onto who it belonged to, back onto my mother.

In me, my mom raised a classic underachiever, I'll bet we could tell each other some stories! I understand where your coming from, I'm with you.

Gary

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.