Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442120 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#356608 - 03/15/11 08:21 AM innocence completely lost?
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
had an interesting convo about being gullible.... it got me to thinking about that word... gullible....

lot of us are gullible... i don't look at the word in such a negative light anymore. in fact, that word gives me even more hope now...

most kids, if not all, are gullible. especially at very young ages when they are learning their world around them... gullible a form of innocence... up until i had this convo i thought the one thing that was completely taken from me was my innocence when i was abused....

not any more. grant it, i'm not extremely gullible but from time to time i can be. to me, that's a sign that there is still some innocence there. that it wasn't fully taken from me.

since, that wasn't taken from fully, then perhaps all the other things that i thought was taken from me, in reality, hasn't been taken from me either... but instead just covered in shame and guilt....

wow! so much to talk to my t about this coming friday and this may top the list... shame and guilt, the shroud that i wore on me.. the shroud that covered my innocence, trust and so on...

now there's more hope. more hope to breaking free from the binds that hold me down....

is innocence completely lost? for me, that answer is a resounding NO!

Edited by Obi (03/15/11 08:21 AM)

my story

my vlog

#356610 - 03/15/11 09:06 AM Re: innocence completely lost? [Re: Obi]
bluejay Offline

Thanks for writing this, it's positive, a good first read in the morning.

Jason

#356661 - 03/15/11 03:41 PM Re: innocence completely lost? [Re: Obi]
mac80 Offline

Sometimes I run accross my innocence at odd moments and it makes me feel elated. After everything that has happened to me I always though my childhood had been ruined, but I'm learning to be a kid again

#356676 - 03/15/11 05:38 PM Re: innocence completely lost? [Re: Obi]
Green Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC, NY
Thanks for your note. It gives me something to think about. I usuallly hate my gullibilty because it has gotten me into so much trouble. I really, really hate it when I catch myself being gullible. I wish that I was more like you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.