Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#355673 - 03/05/11 08:32 PM i'm new here and struggling
newk Offline

Loc: NC
hello everyone, this site was suggested to me by a friend. I'm a 43 yr old man and I was abused many years ago by Catholic priests. I recently came forward and went public. I thought I had a handle on my abuse issues but now I'm finding out how very wrong I was. Coming forward was the most difficult thing I ever did. Telling my story to the church and then to the press was extremly overwhelming. I do have support and I wouldn't be able to make it through this without support. I don't know what else to say other than "help"

#355686 - 03/05/11 10:28 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: newk]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother.

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & love, from your brothers (fraternal) & friends (in pain).

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

MS has a lot to offer. We have two healing circles, moderated & in a safe room. One is on Sunday evenings & the other on Wednesday evenings, thay start 7pm Eastern. On Monday evenings it's a round table discussion of what ever you want to talk about. It starts at 630pm Eastern. Just be in the chat section about 15 minutes prior to the start time. You will see where the moderator asks anyone here for the healing circle enter the worsd HC next to your screen name. Then you will see an invite screen pop up asking if you accept the invitation or not. You can talk about anything that you feel comfortable with. Or you can just sit there and listen.

We are here for you, my fraternal brother. You are on your way.

Heal well, my fraternal brother, newk, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#355696 - 03/06/11 05:19 AM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: petercorbett]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Newk, good to meet you in chat. I hope you find MS as an allie in your healing. Many people have found this place to be a helpful tool. Congrats on coming forward about your abuse. That takes courage to do so. Your making progress even though you stated your not. Anyways, welcome aboard. Take a look around at your own pace. Things will get better for you. Hang in there.

Andy

#355851 - 03/07/11 10:47 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: nevragan]
LostAtAge9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Hello Newk,
I was also abused by a priest (30 years ago) and, until recently, thought that I had things 'under control'. I was able to tell my story - but just to lawyers during the big LA Arch Diocese case (which is still going on, by the way!). I cannot imagine the courage that must have taken to go to the press AND your church. I feel scared just thinking about it. I understand that you feel overwhelmed, but coming forward like you did was an amazing feat of strength.
I am new to this site as well and I am still trying to get used to talking ('typing') to anyone outside of my wife and T about what happened to me. But I feel like are all somehow on the same team and that you just put some points on the board for our side. Like there are thousands of people that you will never know or meet that owe you a 'Thanks, man' for speaking out and nudging this horrible issue a little bit more out of the shadows.
So from me - Thanks.

#356467 - 03/13/11 09:47 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: LostAtAge9]
newk Offline

thanks man, this has been hard but it's for from the end.

#356560 - 03/14/11 06:40 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: newk]
rogers33 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: indiana
hello i am 33 i am from indiana i also was abused by a man from church but i am baptist i feel we may have a lot in common hope to hear from you

#356586 - 03/14/11 11:21 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: rogers33]
Fred Quimby Offline

Hi Newk,

I too just came out about my abuse. I have also discovered that CSA has had such a lasting and deep affect on pretty much every aspect of my life to date! It has caused me depression (had for years and just thought it was the way I was!), I too am new here and struggling with things every day! All the advice I can give you is that you are not alone here!

#356634 - 03/15/11 02:04 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: Fred Quimby]
mac80 Offline

Hi, guys. I also just joined up. What Fred said rang true with me. I'm 30 years old and until I was 26, I thought depression was just my personality. Even after realizing I was depressed, it still took me 3.5 years before I finally saw a therapist. It's a scary thing. I'm totally impressed at you people coming out in public about it. I still haven't figured out how to or whether to talk to my closest friends and family about it. But I'm getting there.

#356638 - 03/15/11 02:18 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: newk]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Hi Newk,

Welcome to the fold. I too was victimized by a priest at 17. I haven't come out about my abuse publically. Only a few close friends know but here you can let it loose without rebuke.

Peace, Rusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#356762 - 03/16/11 01:59 PM Re: i'm new here and struggling [Re: mac80]
Fred Quimby Offline

I did decide to come out about my abuse. I told every co worker about it. Previously, I had only ever told my wife. For me..telling a large group of people felt liberating! I think it has helped me start to heal. That is me though. I am sure everybody is different. I still have severe depression, anxiety and some anger..but I hope to recover.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.