Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441388 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#356540 - 03/14/11 02:54 PM feeling like screaming
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I feel like screaming today. I yelled to the top of my voice in the car. Midday here and have no relief.

I am remembering how I would try to get away and could NOT.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

#356544 - 03/14/11 03:52 PM Re: feeling like screaming [Re: Avery46]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Begging them, begging for them to stop...Hating that I was entrapped by my own actions and reputation.

I think that's close to what you are dealing with...not being able to get away and all...

Someone once mentioned the word "begging" when I started recovery. I went into flashback hell for months. Memories were vivid and God-awful. They wore me down - wore me out.

One hospital had me hold ice-cubes get out of the flashbacks, but making memories go away...they just won't.

Still's Globs

New Video

#356547 - 03/14/11 04:21 PM Re: feeling like screaming [Re: Still]
vachssfan Offline

Loc: TX
avery...

there are sort of 2 schools of thought.. one is being aggro when u feel aggro just feeds into it like a loop and makes it worse (research has shown that)

the other is to go with in some sort of *healthy* way until it's just out. THAT list is endless and honestly that's what i do. i don't care what reserach says on this one, *their* method has never really worked for me. i personally use exercise... lifting heavy stuff over my head, doing dead lifts, flipping HEAVY tires, running sprints, push ups, working a heavy bag... anything that requires my WHOLE body to do. and i'll do that until i almost cant move or i puke or both.
i also had a friend who used to take me out to the shopping center behind her house and give me bottles and i would break them on the wall over and over... (prolly not responsible to do as an adult)...
either way, you could try and find a *healthy* physical outlet and it could help.
or you could try the *calming* approach- deep breathing, going to ur happy-place-cave 9as cheesy at the might sound) etc.
hell give both a try and see....

robbie-
i'm sorry man. i'm sorry it was that bad. and it got that hard to handle. if i had a time machine i swear to god i'd change it for you.

#356549 - 03/14/11 05:13 PM Re: feeling like screaming [Re: vachssfan]
chuckb Offline

I can't count the number of times I've become hoarse or lost my voice altogether just yelling and screaming. I can't take this misery day after day. It's too much.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.