Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
5 registered (myrlin, Sonata1, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64161 Topics
447747 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#348562 - 12/20/10 02:35 AM Re: Is there Salvation for those who are gay? [Re: diamondheart]
diamondheart Offline

Loc: Michigan
Btw, I have to say this... It is so nice to have really worked on this trigger and issue, and to have come out from underneath the darkness of others trying to mold me into the way they see me as...

When I first wrote this, I wrote it with fear and feeling horribly triggered. I no longer feel so heavy due to my processing it on here. I also feel a lot more connected to my spirituality.

Sure I still have a lot of questions and things I don't know the answers for, but this is a positive step for me...

smile

http://itismytimetoshine.wordpress.com

#348590 - 12/20/10 11:04 AM Re: Is there Salvation for those who are gay? [Re: diamondheart]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
That's wonderful news to hear. The great tragedy of sexual abuse is that sometimes it doesn't just take our innocence and our ability to trust, it also rips away our faith as well.

For gay survivors, even if our faith does survive our abuse it's still under daily assault that can end up separating us from the divine when other believers tell us we are not worthy of, or loved by, our god unless we stop being who he made us.

It's liberating to realize that no man can know the heart of a god, and that there are faith communities who see and hear the loving and compassionate god and not the vengeful and angry one.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#354903 - 02/25/11 03:56 PM Re: Is there Salvation for those who are gay? [Re: diamondheart]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
well seems weird Mort

I do not think it was a comparison at all

if God or Jesus were to forgive prostitues and theives, then why not way Homosexuals. In other words they may be considered a worse sin. Not sure if Jesus has categories for types of sin though. Lets go a step further I do not think just being Gay hurts others. So I do not feel Jesus needs to forgive me. All I am doing is loving one person.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#356435 - 03/13/11 05:31 PM Re: Is there Salvation for those who are gay? [Re: michael Joseph]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"is there salvation for those who are gay?"

why do we even have to ask this question?

i get that some Christians feel threatened by homosexuality. that is different than alcoholism, for example, that has clearly demonstrable negative consequences.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.