Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
10 registered (Shyshark, dan_in_newengland, petercorbett, jq19712, Obi, 4 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63651 Topics
444532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#356267 - 03/12/11 09:46 AM Re: some things that friends say [Re: wayne9]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
It's "society" that's wrong not you.

Stop talking to those friends, wayne9. They're good people but aren't experts in sexual abuse. Responses like those reinforce your shame, guilt and isolation. Find helpful, supportive responses, not stuff that you feel shamed, mis-understood or isolated by.

Keeping the secret does not help you. You have to talk about it, but with who? My thoughts about that are here

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#356286 - 03/12/11 02:15 PM Re: some things that friends say [Re: wayne9]
Giggles Offline

Loc: Oregon
Victim. It is hard to swallow. Shame and other badness we know.
I've had some friends and fam. concerned of my healing and whom is involved. It is very difficult to have them with me on the journey. Still working on that. Love them and it hurts me, them knowing me my pain, must let them in more. sorry off topic. Been on here too long. Break.
Giggles.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.