Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#356268 - 03/12/11 09:49 AM Who knew, but me? Caution.
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I joined here a couple of years ago, because I met a man and wanted to understand him. I'm not going to get more specific than that.

When I came, because he and I weren't dating, and because I wasn't married to him, and because he kept throwing obstacles in front of me getting to know him (even though he tried to make my acquaintance first), while some folks were friendly and helpful, most were disdainful and cruel. Some kindly suggested I give up and move on.

Well, I ignored all those suggestions. I ignored all the putdowns. And boy, am I glad I did. We still aren't anything that anyone here thinks is important, but what we are doing is important to me, and more and more to him. It's all one step forward, two back, then 1 forward, etc. etc.

I want to especially thank Allen a/k/a Pufferfish, for he's been the kindest and most helpful. Most helpful, in that he's been the most insightful. I guess it takes one to know one.

I keep coming here to get more insights and more information. But I no longer expect understanding or help. He and I are outside the realm of y'all's experience, and that's saying something. He and I are both very independent creatures, and it turns out that is a really necessary thing.

Before I had no idea where this might lead. Now, I am seeing several definite possible outcomes. It's a great thing.

Disappointed

#356330 - 03/12/11 09:11 PM Re: Who knew, but me? Caution. [Re: Disappointed]
hopeandtry Offline

I find all the men here insightful. That is a part of your post I will not choose to ignore. As for experience, I'm pretty sure everyone here has been through plenty. This is not a contest. I've said my piece.

#356397 - 03/13/11 12:20 PM Re: Who knew, but me? Caution. [Re: hopeandtry]
timetoheal Offline

Loc: USA
post removed

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.