Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#356090 - 03/10/11 07:50 AM Wanting to turn back
WPB Offline

I thought this was a good idea.
I thought it was going to make me feel better.
I thought I would feel a sense of releaf.
But what I thought isn't what I thought at all.
I have a huge pit in my stomach that tells me I should have just kept it to myself.
It was fine right where it was. No one knew about it, but now it is out there.
Now I just have to dig even deeper to put that smile on and keep moving forward.
I know I am not alone. But I feel that I am.

#356091 - 03/10/11 08:20 AM Re: Wanting to turn back [Re: WPB]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

WPB
You're not alone...you're right.
It's a process to get what you thought you were gonna get...
It's hard to validate the truth...because we are so used to keeping the secret.....but it's the only way to real freedom.
You have made a great start.....get support...keep reaching out...it will get better....
All the best
Steve

#356093 - 03/10/11 08:32 AM Re: Wanting to turn back [Re: RecoveryReady1]
Hopefulone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario
I wrote a post very similar to this one only a week ago. I thought that 'coming out' was a BIG mistake...even though I have only told my wife and my therapist. I am beginning to trust that telling the secret was a good thing, though. I buried it for almost 33 years. Telling was going to free me instantly. Then, when it didn't, I panicked and told both my wife and my therapist that I made a mistake. You can't take back telling, though. So I had to work with it. I think this is something we all struggle with. Logically, I know it's better that I got it off my chest and out of the darkness...but there are still times when I'm afraid I did the wrong thing. Just have faith that it will get better...that you will see that you did the right thing. I do.

Kevin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.