Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (Dave PNW, Sojourn Survivor, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63839 Topics
445794 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#355710 - 03/06/11 10:20 AM Black Swan
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Has anyone else seen this?

Wow, what a scary and triggering movie.

I had no idea what I was getting into!

I'm curious what your thoughts are if you've seen it...

#355713 - 03/06/11 11:28 AM Re: Black Swan [Re: risingagain]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

saw Natalie Portman on Letterman and she was alluding to something very deep and dark.......but have not seen it.

#355767 - 03/07/11 03:24 AM Re: Black Swan [Re: risingagain]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Black Swan...wow...it got me interested because I read it dealt with the shadow realms of psyche (and I have loved Darren Aronofsky's earlier film "The Fountain") and since I have long worked on my own shadow aspects, I stepped on to it!....once the basic recovery work is done, we step into the shadow revelation phase, when gradually our shadow side, fearful or dark sides are revealed to us, we deny them often, hate the same in other and yet struggle with them day in and day out as we fuel them by out denial and repression!...

Luckily mystic literature verily talks of it and informs us that fight the shadow as an enemy is equally disastrous, like fight the Al-Qaeda, you end up destroying yourself...Jung and Campbell have ably dealt with the subject to offer us a scaffolding to venture into spiritual realm, where we get to the castle..inner castle...and if you repress too much or try to control too much, chances of splitting of our personality are greater! It gets released in a twisted form, rather than a controlled release...

Another film that has dealt with the theme is "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within", a 2001 Japanese-American computer animated science fiction , and must say highly metaphoric film, where in the future, a generation finally realizes, after killing most of the earth, and still not able to overcome the "enemy" that real enemies are never external rather inner ones and we keep fight, meeting, avoiding or fearing them on the outside endless till we decide to face them head on, with fear or judgment but with love, knowing them only to parts of us, still in darkness! For the more you fight something, the more it get energized... More about the movie...it movie came out in July 2001, after 4 years in making, and timing couldn't be more providential!...as in the coming years we were to face the greatest enemy we have collectively faced yet - terrorism! Yet again, we realise that much like our shadow aspect, the enemy lies within! And fighting it on the outside will only make the enemy stronger and the planet barren.. in future, till finally someone figures it out and the so-called "mumbo-jumbo" of Gaia becomes the wisdom that rescues humanity from its assured annihilation!...Listen to earth's wisdom!...

In the end we realise that to fight a force greater than ourselves we require a force greater than ourselves, prayer and non attachment/judgmental approach is the way out when we gently watch our shadow without indulging it, instead let our light shine on it, it melts away....moves into the light!

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#355785 - 03/07/11 10:05 AM Re: Black Swan [Re: Morning Star]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I've not seen it myself yet, but I got a copy of the audio book quite recently and will be reading it soon.

it's by mercedes Lacky, who's an author I've liked what I've read of hers and been interested to read more.

The other stuff I've read of hers, namely the free podcast novel the secret world chronicle was extremely good, and also really nice in the way it delt with the conflicts betwene people. One character is also a very accurate and well thought out traumer surviver as well.

If anyone wants a look (afterall it's free), it can be found at http://www.secretworldchronicle.com/

I'll let people know what I think of blakswan once I've read it, ---- which I'll probably do before seeing the film.

#356026 - 03/09/11 01:43 PM Re: Black Swan [Re: dark empathy]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
that sounds like an amazing film, Morning Star... it's funny I will have to send you this.. I have a picture of myself on September 11th in Asheville NC... a newspaper picture of me holding a sign at an emergency rally... the sign says 'the enemy lies within, use compassion'

man people did not like that...

haha

later I found MKP, an organization which works directly with the shadow. amazing amazing work.... i will check out that movie.

black swan imho is scary and incestuous.

#356077 - 03/10/11 01:56 AM Re: Black Swan [Re: risingagain]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Originally Posted By: risingagain
'the enemy lies within, use compassion'..

wow! smile...and when we do so the enemy appears only as a broken piece of ourselves, that is when transcendence happens, and the healing cycle is completed!...I remember when to trigger me into activism mode was easy, as fueled it was from my own unhealedness...now my first response is to look within and address my own issues that have come up and then choose an empowered response...

I have come to the conclusion that they are too many angry warriors out there, which only fuel the issues further, the solution is to be a peaceful warrior (another wonderful movie), something martial arts teach us so well, to be fully present and devoid of anger...as we loose energy in it...thus take charge of your energy!

Once Mother Teresa was asked to join a anti-war rally, she refused, but said, "If you do a peace rally, I will join!"

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.