Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (RyanW, skyguy, Matt195, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444478 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#355955 - 03/08/11 07:55 PM Using
illbedat Offline

Loc: David Wright is AWESOME
I know i'm probably losing myself when I do... but is it so wrong to only feel good when your using? I feel like it must be wrong... but it's the only tie i feel ok about myself... it makes me feel normal. I don't stress and think of the terrible things i do. I guess I know it's wrong but it's the only thing that makes me feel like everyone else.

#355956 - 03/08/11 07:59 PM Re: Using [Re: illbedat]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

Yes...but it doesn't have to be

#355957 - 03/08/11 08:34 PM Re: Using [Re: RecoveryReady1]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
It's a tough one man. First things first. What are we talking about here? I'm gonna assume weed. My favourite.
I was a pothead for a long time and iv'e tried a lot of different things to numb my brain in order to feel less. I suppose it works on some level and for a time. But as you get habituated you also get cranky and disenchanted because it's a regular thing you need to function normally.
I think I did what I had to do, I never really questioned it until I didn't like feeling that way or needing to use to function.
Now , i don't feel like toking or getting drunk. I'm not saying , I never will again, I'm just more selective about the occasion and the people.
I like having a clear head, even if it means feeling the pain more or panicking more. Eventually you learn to manage those emotions better once you start feeling them really. That being said i am on antidepressants and I see a therapist to help me. So it's not like i'm doing it alone.
I hope this helps you a little.
take care man\

Anthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.