Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, Mr. Malaise, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#354825 - 02/25/11 09:07 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

The Boston Globe is reporting today that Levine killed himself with a shotgun blast to the head.

More importantly, many of his brave victims have broken their anonymity and have given their full names and details of the abuse for the story.

"Pediatrian's Suicide Soothes no Wounds"

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massach..._wounds/?page=1

One man who is now a firefighter recounted that when he was ten, his parents let him go on a trip to DC with Levine. Levine took him to bed on that trip.

Another seven year old recounts that Levine gave him oral sex during an exam at Children's Hospital.

The Boston Suffolk District Attorney's office said they didn't have enough to file criminal charges, but it's not clear to me why they didn't.

Edited by pluckmemory (02/25/11 11:44 AM)

#354857 - 02/25/11 11:26 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
just me Offline

Originally Posted By: pluckmemory

The Boston Suffolk District Attorney's office said they didn't have enough to file criminan charges, but it's not clear to me why they didn't.

Because Doctors still have respect and power in our society. And when that power is abused...the children....suffer.

#354858 - 02/25/11 11:37 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: just me]
pluckmemory Offline

Just Me: I have spoken to the head of the sex crimes unit Boston Suffolk District Attorney's office about the Dr. Ayres case, and she said that in older cases, the abuse has to be very severe, such as rape, for them to press criminal charges.

It is my strong belief, however, that many other victims of Levine will come forward now that some of the victims have broken their anonymity. It is within the realm of possibility that some of them were raped.

I think Levine just couldn't face the reality of who he was and what he had done.

#354931 - 02/25/11 10:21 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Addie,

I don't know who you are or why you chose to make one post here. Ted Bundy was a model citizen except for a couple of bad habits (abducting and killing women). I don't think you really grasp what you are saying. Check some of my posts for my stories. My uncle was never punished even though the sheriff met a frightened lady with 2 little boys leaving town in the middle of the night on a bus. When told that my uncle wouldn't let us leave, he considered it a "domestic" situation and "allowed us to leave". Never mind that my brother and I had been raped, tortured and nearly killed. My uncle only wanted to raise his nephews right. Reading the accounts makes me shiver with revulsion. Many of the Nazi doctors tried to point to the "medical advances" produced by their evil use of human beings as guinea pigs.

Trust me, the survivors of Levine's assaults are not impressed with his accomplishments nor your fantasies that he never perpetrated the evils that he did.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#354940 - 02/26/11 12:09 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: catfish86]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think Addie may be the legal defense hired by Dr. Levine's family.

Look for her ip address (152.19.71.8) as she tries to keep herself informed as to what we are saying.

Allen

Edited by pufferfish (02/26/11 12:41 AM)

#354968 - 02/26/11 05:29 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pufferfish]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
well I think it is weird a female joins just to post on this thread and that is it. Why was it so important to let us know there were 2 sides to a story.

Even if he abused one child and help 2000 it is not ok

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#354983 - 02/26/11 11:02 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: michael Joseph]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Addie is quite likely a relative, friend or coworker of Levine. She is from UNC-Chapel Hill. It should be noted that those that belittle or downplay the actions of an abuser are aiding and abetting an abuser. Your post here is quite frankly offensive.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#354988 - 02/27/11 09:27 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: catfish86]
pluckmemory Offline

"Addie" could also possibly be Levine's wife, Brandi. I know the wife of Dr. Ayres has posted on threads about her husband, where she defends him and discounts the victims.

"Addie" might even been someone who was sympathetic to what Levine was doing with boys.

FYI- Both Levine and Dr. William Ayres worked at Boston Children's Hospital in the 1960s, although not at the same time. However, detectives I have spoken to believe that they may have known each other and exchanged information about boys.

Edited by pluckmemory (02/27/11 09:41 AM)

#355910 - 03/08/11 12:36 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Media obtains Mel Levine's suicide note:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8001164

In it he claims he was innocent, but that even his lawyer thought he was guilty and that criminal charges were imminent.

What a cowardly bastard.

Link to suicide note in the ABC story.

Edited by pluckmemory (03/08/11 01:08 PM)

#355962 - 03/08/11 09:31 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

The Dr. William Ayres blog, which is run by one of his molestation victims, has an interesting take on the Levine suicide:

http://www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.