Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#355681 - 03/05/11 09:49 PM 2 years down the road.
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers.

Well here i am again talking about where i am now. Two years down the road. Many of you have already been there. A quite a few have been on this road a lot longer than I.

There are quite a few of my brothers here whom have been with me in those two years.

Today, was an exceptional day for me. I am here staying with Todd (obi). He is my mentor & confidant. I have others too.
My day started out in confusion & oh for the lack of a better word guilt & shame. Guilty & shame because i had believed that i was useless, worthless, never amounted to anything boy/man.
In effect i had kept myself a victim for all those years. In two area's. First, believing that my"mom" was right all along.
Secondly, that Ralph had really loved me, and that i had loved Ralph for all these years.

Todd (obi) sure can read my mind, i can tell him that everything is OK. But he has a sense that i'm not being honest with him. So he gets me to open up. We or I should say i talk & he listens to me and my confusion & fears.
Then in his calming voice will get me out of my confusion/guilt & shame. And this is not the first time.
So for me a day that started out as another woe is me day. He turns it into hey, you are a good person, what was done is not your fault. Yea, but i believed & lived it for 60 years. So, you have proven that you weren't all those things that your 'mom" claimed.

He gets me out from my shell, the sun is shining, he gets me to smile. He gets me to feel good about myself. I tell him that thanks to him, i am feeling great, full of hope i see the good in me. It is a rare day for me indeed. I am on top of the world.

Going back from August of '08, when i found this site and right up to this minute. I owe you all, my brothers, my heart felt gratitude & thanks, for the support that i have received over these two years.

From my brothers here in the MS web site. To those facilitators male & female, whom have given not only me but my other brothers there their compassion, understanding & love.
For those brothers that i have met at those weekends of recovery and their support. Those "strangers" that had opened their heart & soul to me, not as a stranger, but as brothers.

You are kind enough to listen to this old boys cries for help. And kind enough to give me your compassion, understanding, love & hope.

I owe all of you my brothers here, my deepest from the depths of my heart & soul, my thanks & gratitude. As with out all of you, i couldn't have made it this far down the road to recovery. You all have helped that lost boy move from the darkness into the sunshine. Ever so slowly on my part.

To all my brothers out there, i love & thank you all... A great day indeed.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#355688 - 03/05/11 10:42 PM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: petercorbett]
Neverquit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I met you at Hope Springs 2010 retreat and you are a good man.

#355690 - 03/05/11 10:46 PM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: petercorbett]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
Beautiful...your gratitude and appreciation are a wonderful gift to share.

Thank you,

Gary

#355694 - 03/06/11 01:30 AM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: 1.healing]
brokenleg Offline

Thanks for sharing.
It has been 1,5 years, the day I met Malesurvivour. I had felt empty,alone even my therapist was so nice he couldn't understand the way I feel. I'm glad that I've found here.
BL

Edited by brokenleg (03/06/11 01:36 AM)

#355704 - 03/06/11 09:41 AM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: brokenleg]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
thanks for the kind words moose...

glad you had a great day yesterday, EVEN though i'm a baaaaad influence on ya... heheheh... laugh

my story

my vlog

#355769 - 03/07/11 04:11 AM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: petercorbett]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Good works guys and inspirational too!

smile

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#355805 - 03/07/11 01:32 PM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: petercorbett]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Big/Little Pete,

It has been a real pleasure to hear you grow as I grow.

YOUR a joy.

Donnie

#355863 - 03/08/11 12:38 AM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: Avery46]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pete,

I have not been posting as much here as of late, but I too am grateful for all the guys that have helped me out. I am proud to see the progress you have made. You were pretty hard on yourself early on (but then again, so are many of us). From what I have read, you have been able to maintain a relationship with you son and grandsons even while here in the states. Keep up the good work, and yes you are a good man. And Todd is right, what happened was not your fault.

Eric

#355878 - 03/08/11 02:25 AM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: ericc]
brokenleg Offline

I remember how pain was intolerable. I hadn't had any kind of relationship. Thanks to all survivors now I am in the middle of one. I have still serious issues. But I feel better at least I am glad I give it a try.

#355928 - 03/08/11 02:44 PM Re: 2 years down the road. [Re: brokenleg]
jurek Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Pete,
You are an inspiration and I'll always remember you for the warm greeting when I first showed up here last August confused and in pain. And your tagline, heal well my brothers chokes me up everytime I read it. Look at me, sharing an emotional moment with people I have never met, and men too. Who'd have thunk this was possible a year ago? Not me.

George

Jurek ogorek, kielbasa i sznurek, kielbasa uciekla, Jurek do piekla!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.