Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441845 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#355467 - 03/03/11 02:01 PM Re: Leaving MS [Re: michael Joseph]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Chuck,

I'm not a big Oprah fan...However

The second show was really good, and helped people ( like my family) understand a few things they would not have gotten had it not been for the show.

I dont agree with everthing, and blah blah blah, but there was a lot of good informaton there.

I know some of those 200 men, took a lot of courage to get there, and Im thankful they went as it helps the cause.

One final note about this that came from a discussion with a friend on just this topic....Bunch a years ago Oprah had a guest on air named Mike Lew....because of that show "Victims No Longer" was written...I'm willing to give her and the sensationalized world of TV (of which I once worked) a small pass. This whole greater good thing happens upon my brain...and I think of that...How many men have been helped because of that moment...that sensationalized moment...helped save many, 1000's of men.

Oprahs intentions are fairly stragiht forward...ratings and money...sometimes good comes from that..we just goota look at it from a different angle.

Now lets get Ken and "Evicting the Perp" out into the spotlight...cause we could all use a good eviction wink

Just .02...as stated above..I havent heard anybody discuss Oprah in chat in quite soome time.

Were here if and when you need us.

H

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#355574 - 03/04/11 03:31 PM Re: Leaving MS [Re: Castle]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
It's the audience I see as the focal point in the big picture. Oprah's audience is an good place to start.
In October 2008 I was invited to be part of one of Dr. Micheal H. Stone's programs "Most Evil". I declined explaining his audience was attracted to horror and terrorizing evil people and I refuse to be an exhibit. If he wanted to do a show about survivors I'd be happy be part of that.
I sure do hope because a survivor feels exploited or exposed it does not drive them into isolation.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#355646 - 03/05/11 03:02 PM Re: Leaving MS [Re: Mountainous Buck]
devon0 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
very good point M...Buck! We have to concentrate on the things and people that support our recovery rather than the speedbumps and walls that hinder it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.