Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
8 registered (lapchinj, Bluedogone, 5 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#355294 - 03/01/11 10:23 PM A "Spammer" Posted a reply to my Post
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I was wondering how this happened? And can this person be banned from the site of further use.

Although I did not see his reply, it had already been deleted by the Mod: TJ Jeff.

I have no Idea that it was spam but I clicked on the posters Profile and it said that he was Male but it did not say if he was a survivor and it said that he was in the Adult Entertainment Industry with a link to his Facebook Page expressing just that.

This is concerning to me that someone like that found MS, decided to post here and Posted in my thread, of all places!!!

Should I be concerned about this?
Have there been problems like this before?
What if this happens again?

Logan

-Blade Runner

#355486 - 03/03/11 06:20 PM Re: A "Spammer" Posted a reply to my Post [Re: Logan]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Logan,

Spammers register here from time to time. We generally catch them within a couple of hours but not always. The penalty for spamming is immediate and permanent suspension in nearly all cases.

Any time any user sees thing s that concern them it is a good idea to send a note to a mod so it can be checked out. Spam is no exception, especially if it's of questionable content such as the one you noted.

Mods are always on the prowl for stuff like this and most of the time they are caught and eliminated before anyone actually sees them but once in a while they make it through the net. You guys have always been good at letting us know when they do. Together we can keep the website safe.

#355511 - 03/03/11 11:40 PM Re: A "Spammer" Posted a reply to my Post [Re: WalkingSouth]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Thanks John for the reassurance. You have my word that I will do my part in trying to keep this one of a kind, special community safe and alert one of you guys if I see anything like the above mentioned elsewhere.

Logan

-Blade Runner

#355513 - 03/04/11 12:00 AM Re: A "Spammer" Posted a reply to my Post [Re: Logan]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
wow I had no idea
well Logan I will be on the lookout too

MJ

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.