Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (bluesky, woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443324 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#354621 - 02/23/11 11:57 PM New T session
RecoveryReady1 Offline

I learned something very important today, and I have been trying to put it into words, and so far I can't seem to do it...
This T came highly recommended and I traveled half the day to get there and back....feeling very tired.
I'm excited to share of my experience....I'll try again tomorrow.
Steve

#354662 - 02/24/11 08:31 AM Re: New T session [Re: RecoveryReady1]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
steve,

looking forward to hearing how it went...

my story

my vlog

#354669 - 02/24/11 10:09 AM Re: New T session [Re: Obi]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Steve,
I'd be curious too. I'm with a new T, and since it'll only be our 4th meeting (1 hour time slots), I still feel "new" and anxious. I'd like to know I'm not alone out there.

Thanks for throwing this out there.

Alfred

#354674 - 02/24/11 10:52 AM Re: New T session [Re: fhorns]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother.

No you aren't alone in feelings about starting with a T.

I researched for a CSA only T when i left Germany for Texas. I found one in the Dallas area. I contacted her via e-mail & she set me up for a telephone interview. She had called me in Germany and asked me some questions to see if she would accept me as a patient. Of the three T's that i have had she being the only one whom dealt specifically with child sexual abuse. In my opinion was the best one for me. She was gentle and she understood me. When ever i talked about little Pete she understood where i was coming from in talking about him.
My other T's both males, both working for the US government. One in Germany was mostly in PTSD issues. He was a "jack" of all trades. He worked for the US Army. He was my first. Igot the feeling that he really didn't understand when i always talked about little Pete. Maybe it was just my perception. My last one worked for the Veterans Administration he was also a "jack" of all trades. PTSD & mixed group sessions mostly (male & female) sexual abuse victims. I only had a few 1 on 1 sessions with him, and at times i got the feeling that he did not understand me always talking about little Pete. I left him as i never again wanted to be in a mixed group. 1 0n 1 was my preference but he was more into groups.

For me right now i feel that i received more therapy (intensive) at those weekends of recovery, here in MS. Plus all of my brothers & healing circles here in MS. Than i had from those 3 T's combined. Again that is strictly my opinion. Maybe my age has something to do with it too.

I wish you well in your T sessions. I wish you well in your journey to becoming a survivor.

Heal well, my fraternal brother, Steve, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#354691 - 02/24/11 01:09 PM Re: New T session [Re: petercorbett]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

Thanks for your words Obi and Irishmoose...
Alfred, you're not alone ...that's for sure.....
This T is focused on the body releasing the trapped energy of the trauma...so when things come up....we just leave them...for example we acknowledge sadness but we don't follow where it's going...we keep focused on the body, energy, sensations, feelings....letting thoughts come and go........That's new for me...
She also talked about resources/trauma/development as three distinct areas....
We go back and forth between triggering trauma states and getting grounded in the resources....
Resources can be internal....meditation, a way we talk to ourselves, a way we move our bodies that gets us in touch with our strengths or grounds us...
Or they can be external ....activities...groups...friends...whatever...
The more resources we have to ground us from the triggering states...the more work we can tolerate....
That's my take on it so far..

What I've discovered is that I always tried to go the trauma work without having the resources in place....
So when a possible resource was there for me....I wouldn't see the value....I would try to release the energy of trauma with that person...or group or even this site....

I could never see the value in having resources....I would be pushing for the release of this energy and I would be so frustrated with everyone and everybody....as you probably well know from my other posts..

I have complained about everyone that I've had contact with...doctors, friends, therapists, groups...you name it....I had this incredible frustration with everyone because I was unable to do this release thing with them.....

I wasn't ready and they weren't offering.

Anyway....my mind has shifted to respecting the triggered states and working on developing the resources to deal with traumatic states as they come up....
And I see so many resources around me now.....that I couldn't see before....they are everywhere and they are inside me as well

Don't if I am able to convey this but...but it seems like a big breakthrough to me.....

As always,
All the best
Steve

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.