Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64027 Topics
446819 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#354594 - 02/23/11 04:24 PM lingering anger
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Does anyone experience lingering anger? I am experiencing some intense anger. It is about new stuff.

I have new memories where, I felt helpless/powerless to say, I DONT want to eat that. My mom LOVED to eat a coffee mug size of MELTED brown sugar, peanut butter, regular butter and little big of rum or whiskey. When, I complained of being hungry in the evening she would say make some yummy stuff. YUCK YUCK YUCK.

My dad would sit there and cringe not knowing I hated eating it but felt powerless to eat anything else.

Donnie

#354709 - 02/24/11 04:11 PM Re: lingering anger [Re: Avery46]
chuckb Offline

I have a great deal of lingering anger that I can't get rid of. I have nightmares almost nightly of my perps.

If you don't mind me asking, is your mom still alive? If so, what are her health problems?

#354712 - 02/24/11 04:35 PM Re: lingering anger [Re: chuckb]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

Donnie,
It's good to hear these things about what it was like...it doesn't have to be really heavy stuff......but to root out and acknowledge where you felt helpless......I think is so important.....thank you for sharing that.....I can really see the significance of it...
All the best
Steve

#354713 - 02/24/11 04:55 PM Re: lingering anger [Re: chuckb]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: chuckb
....is your mom still alive? If so, what are her health problems?

I think she is alive although I have NOT talked with her in about a year so, I really am NOT sure about her health.

RR1,

Your right... it does not need to be heavy...thanks for saying this as it helps me to breathe easier...

Donnie

#354750 - 02/24/11 08:37 PM Re: lingering anger [Re: Avery46]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Anger? Anger? I don't have anger. I'm just sad. At least that's what I always believed. As I've been working through the memories, my wife and T(s) have helped me realize that maybe when I want to "gesture," scream and curse at other drivers, maybe it isn't just about the fact that they're driving too slowly, or they cut me off, et cetera.

Normally, I'm a very peaceful, even passive person. But, oh, boy, do I have some lingering anger. Something I'm just starting to acknowledge and deal with. I guess it comes with the territory. Hang in there.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#354752 - 02/24/11 08:49 PM Re: lingering anger [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
bayouhaunt Offline

Loc: Texas
It's like I have this reservoir of anger. I'm such a laid back guy till someone pushes. I'm always surprised how fast anger steps up. I have a bum leg from breaking my back many years ago, but when I let anger out people rarely challenge it. I don't go off or anything. It'll just be a few sentences, but people look down and hope I go away.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.