Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, brainstem, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64447 Topics
450134 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#353769 - 02/15/11 04:07 PM sexual compulsion
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
As an adult, I have to admit for the last 23 years I have been living with the shame done to my body via the sexual abuse I "put" myself into. For the 1st 6 years of my adulthood, I was married and NOT acting out.

What I mean by "acting out" is acting in a sexual manner with someone else besides my "wife" at the time. I was so sick and so into myself - never knew anything else - I believed I had to go be with men to be whole.

For the next 23 years, I would find ways to be sexually assaulted. I thought "I am an adult and in control" of what I do. Well... I crashed big time on 12/31/10. Yes, I was in control of being out of control.

*****triggers

Over a year ago, I had the flashback of being "raped" at gunpoint. I also have to admit to putting myself "an adult" in the back rooms of bars and with others who could be and would be sexual with me.

As I prepare to do a 1st step for my 12-step program, I am remembering my family of origin "events". By the age of 8, I was setup to believe in order to be loved, I had to be pleasing other men AND I "hated" to be with my mom. I would scout out any boy or man to be sexual with me, until I reached the age of 18.

BUT, when I would be sexual again with a man at age 25, I would discover the glue that was missing on my flypaper or so I thought. I would risk even my life to get the "fix" that I thought was in being loved by "acting out" - stimulated by man sexually.

I "act out" only under the influence.

I have been "sober" for a month as of today. NO more "acting out" or being under the influence of anything.

Sigh,
Donnie

#353804 - 02/15/11 10:13 PM Re: sexual compulsion [Re: Avery46]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Hugs DJ

that is great

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#353810 - 02/16/11 01:20 AM Re: sexual compulsion [Re: michael Joseph]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Cool DJ...!!!

Too High Too Get it Right (Accept)

island

#354323 - 02/21/11 12:07 PM Re: sexual compulsion [Re: 1islandboy]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
1st step -- good job DJ.

12 steps saved my life.

family history, sexual history, education history, school --- it can all be painful to remember -- but it gets us to place of honesty about where we are now - and how it all came to be.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.