Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (iaccus), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447937 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#352861 - 02/05/11 10:30 AM Re: LIST OF HEALING MOVIES [Re: LordShiningStarr]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
LSS,

I am aware of the characters since my Mom watches that show. I wonder how far they will take this or just drop it along the way. Soaps tend to start groundbreaking - or headlining - storylines and then let them wash away into obscurity. The gay male couple on another soap was popular story and then they just ended it and let the actors go. Kind of like looking for shiny toys all the time.

I hope they do this justice but have my doubts.

Thanks for the heads up. I will see if I can catch someting online about it.

Daryl

#352864 - 02/05/11 11:29 AM Re: LIST OF HEALING MOVIES [Re: prisonerID]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Keith
I suppose I may be a bit out of step with the throng, but the film that speaks to my inner self is Hitchcock's "Psycho."

Ok, dude, now you're scaring me!! LOL

K

#352919 - 02/06/11 01:17 AM Re: LIST OF HEALING MOVIES [Re: sono]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My latest post on a movie giving me very strong flashback/body memory reactions.

The movie: Tron Legacy 3D

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=352918#Post352918

Allen

#352928 - 02/06/11 11:18 AM Re: LIST OF HEALING MOVIES [Re: LordShiningStarr]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
There are some videos posted on youtube concerning the General Hospital storyline. I watched a bit of it and may look back another day.

#354010 - 02/18/11 05:12 AM Re: LIST OF HEALING MOVIES [Re: prisonerID]
jurek Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Great thread so far. My T really likes movies and is often making movie references. He's recommended a couple of movies that have been very good and very healing.

Gran Torino starring Clint Eastwood is about a Korean war vet living next to a Hmong family. He's a total racist and clearly suffering from PTSD but he ends up opening up to the kind gestures of the neighbors he despises. And he ends up causing and then heroically resolving a major conflict. WARNING: the movie deals with sexual assault - it is off screen but very upsetting. This movie was uplifting in spite of the tragic events it depicts because it is a story of a mean old traumatized man giving everything to help others who reached out to him.

On a lighter note, there is Babies also recommended by T. Highly recommended - just four babies I'm different parts of the world (San Francisco, Tokyo, Mongolia, and Namibia) from birth until they can walk. No plot no dialogue but totally joyful.

Paris, Texas An 80's classic starring Harry Dean Station and Natasha Kinsky is another one I have found healing. It's about a man coming to terms with the wreckage in his life caused ultimately by his desire to completely possess the object of his fierce and desperate love. Amazing movie - see it on as large a screen as possible.

George

Jurek ogorek, kielbasa i sznurek, kielbasa uciekla, Jurek do piekla!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.