Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#350736 - 01/14/11 01:53 PM Re: Protecting the perpetrator [Re: RecoveryReady1]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

I must say that having this support to communicate is so helpful. For a long time I could think of standing up for the child...not caving in to situations where I feel used or rejected...but I could not sustain the stength on my own...I would very soon fall back to thinking it was my fault and that I should be making more of an effort to help people who abusive or cold to me....Now I get a sense that it's real, I don't have to fall back, I can maintain this self validation....The problem before was each time I would fall back it was another reminder that I not worth looking after....It's a bad cycle down...This is a good cycle forward...

#350767 - 01/14/11 06:28 PM Re: Protecting the perpetrator [Re: WriterKeith]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
Originally Posted By: WriterKeith
.. through this tendency to protect your abuser?

when it only involved me, yes. however, that clearly reflected a very low self esteem in the first place. i'd intended to just take the secret to the grave and suffer the consequences.

when it involved others, as was the case with my sister, no. immediately told and there were no longer any issues or guilt when everything centered upon helping her. (screw my needs, different topic.)

#353892 - 02/16/11 10:45 PM Re: Protecting the perpetrator [Re: RecoveryReady1]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
I came back to say that Mike Lew's book, "Victims No Longer" has been helpful in answering my original question on this post. I needed to know the "why" of some of the events and reactions, and the book certainly helped me clear the table and hit balls in the corner pockets.

Rack 'em up, I'm ready for a new game!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.