Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#353769 - 02/15/11 04:07 PM sexual compulsion
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
As an adult, I have to admit for the last 23 years I have been living with the shame done to my body via the sexual abuse I "put" myself into. For the 1st 6 years of my adulthood, I was married and NOT acting out.

What I mean by "acting out" is acting in a sexual manner with someone else besides my "wife" at the time. I was so sick and so into myself - never knew anything else - I believed I had to go be with men to be whole.

For the next 23 years, I would find ways to be sexually assaulted. I thought "I am an adult and in control" of what I do. Well... I crashed big time on 12/31/10. Yes, I was in control of being out of control.

*****triggers

Over a year ago, I had the flashback of being "raped" at gunpoint. I also have to admit to putting myself "an adult" in the back rooms of bars and with others who could be and would be sexual with me.

As I prepare to do a 1st step for my 12-step program, I am remembering my family of origin "events". By the age of 8, I was setup to believe in order to be loved, I had to be pleasing other men AND I "hated" to be with my mom. I would scout out any boy or man to be sexual with me, until I reached the age of 18.

BUT, when I would be sexual again with a man at age 25, I would discover the glue that was missing on my flypaper or so I thought. I would risk even my life to get the "fix" that I thought was in being loved by "acting out" - stimulated by man sexually.

I "act out" only under the influence.

I have been "sober" for a month as of today. NO more "acting out" or being under the influence of anything.

Sigh,
Donnie

#353804 - 02/15/11 10:13 PM Re: sexual compulsion [Re: Avery46]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Hugs DJ

that is great

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#353810 - 02/16/11 01:20 AM Re: sexual compulsion [Re: michael Joseph]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Cool DJ...!!!

Too High Too Get it Right (Accept)

island

#354323 - 02/21/11 12:07 PM Re: sexual compulsion [Re: 1islandboy]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
1st step -- good job DJ.

12 steps saved my life.

family history, sexual history, education history, school --- it can all be painful to remember -- but it gets us to place of honesty about where we are now - and how it all came to be.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.