Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (cant_remember, help4aCSAspouse, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#353088 - 02/08/11 10:31 AM Court-Ordered Removal
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
I've been ordered by a DIVORCE court to remove this video as it contains pictures of MY kids and me as a kid. God Bless America! I will have until the official order arrives in my hand. It won't be removed until that moment, but here it is for now. It also appears on my blog (where it also must be removed). Velkom To Amerika...ignore 1st Ammendment...outdated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRQCVR5Kxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRQCVR5Kxo

Edited by Robbie Brown (02/08/11 10:36 AM)

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#353091 - 02/08/11 11:10 AM Re: Court-Ordered Removal [Re: Still]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
It's a beautifully done video. Interesting that the court would oppose this clip. Maybe the court is opposed to promoting healthy father-child relationships and only wants to promote negative stereotypes?

#353095 - 02/08/11 11:20 AM Re: Court-Ordered Removal [Re: WriterKeith]
Awake at Last Offline

Loc: Chicago Land
I just watched a few of your videos. Powerful stuff. Very good on the portrayal of childhood (and childhood betrayed). I also loved the sense of place. I spend a lot of summers in Nova Scotia in a house owned by my wife's family and now her and her sister. Very similar to Usedville NH.

Sorry you have to take them offline. They show your love for your kids and your lost childhood. I guess that is too much for your X and her lawyer.

Thanks for sharing this (again) while there was still time.
Jim

#353579 - 02/13/11 07:15 PM Re: Court-Ordered Removal [Re: Awake at Last]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I remember, Robbie, when my perfect, healthly, non abused, boys were that age, and how ABSOLUTELY appropriate it is to take and share images of them for posterity.

A shame the court can make unreasonable demands of a father showing love and encouragement to his children.

So it is, and as it will not change, do as they demand, until you can make them pay for their prejudice.

Thank you for sharing this joyful expression,
Sam

#353580 - 02/13/11 07:17 PM Re: Court-Ordered Removal [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Couldn't you make it private? Or is that the point?

If it is by invite only, then what would be the harm, and in fact, would be taken from those who are making your life miserable...

As you can, take what you need, if any,
Sam

#353597 - 02/14/11 01:03 AM Re: Court-Ordered Removal [Re: SamV]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Well, Robbie,

It's probably an example of how a clever lawyer can put a "spin" on something that's not really there.

Unfortunately, we're in a "spin" oriented society.

Allen

#353807 - 02/15/11 11:14 PM Re: Court-Ordered Removal [Re: pufferfish]
static_00 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Thank you Robbie,

You are one of the strong ones amongst us. Putting yourself out there and fighting for us/you. The time and effort you go through to put out just one of your videos is more than I have done at all yet.

I hope I am as strong as you are someday. I know to show strength that others try to knock you down.

Words fail me now, but I had to respond somehow to show my support.

Thank you,
Eric

I've learned that the shame we carry is our overwhelming burden. Amazingly, it does not weigh down others if we open up and share with them. Realizing that the shame is not ours to own makes all the difference in the world.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.