Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#353478 - 02/12/11 02:08 PM "Submit" button in the forums
r.m. Offline

Dear Admins,

Thanks so much for maintaining the forums here.

I've had one concern since becoming a member on this site: when posting a new message or replying to a previous post, we, as survivors, have to press a "Submit" button to get what we want. That has affected me strangely so far. I'm wondering if we could get that changed to something other than "Submit". Something like "Post Reply", "Post Item", or "Send PM" if it's in the Private Message area. Just a thought. Thanks for your consideration.

Going to "Submit" now...ugh.

r.m.

#353488 - 02/12/11 03:38 PM Re: "Submit" button in the forums [Re: r.m.]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
good point!

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#353496 - 02/12/11 04:45 PM Re: "Submit" button in the forums [Re: Mountainous Buck]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

The software that powers the MaleSurvivor discussion boards it not proprietary in nature but an item purchased "as is" from a software vendor. There are certain things that we, the end user, are able to change in the presentation of the website and while we wish it were otherwise, the "Submit" button is unfortunately not one of those items.

#353623 - 02/14/11 10:51 AM Re: "Submit" button in the forums [Re: WalkingSouth]
r.m. Offline

Thanks for the response, WalkingSouth.

I've taken this in a different direction. Since no one else seems to have an issue with this. I've created a Chrome Extension for personal use that renames the label on all of the submit button on the MS site. I suppose if anyone's interested, I could package it for them to download.

Thanks again for looking into it.

r.m.

#353639 - 02/14/11 11:42 AM Re: "Submit" button in the forums [Re: r.m.]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
cleaver R M

since the context of the submit button is non sexual in my head I too am not having a problem but like the way you were able to work around your problem. Great job. I am not a computer geek so I would not been able to do that. But then again I have your program if I need it.

Thanks for sharing and have a great VAL DAY

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#353678 - 02/14/11 07:25 PM Re: "Submit" button in the forums [Re: michael Joseph]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow, RM! That's an interesting solution to the problem. Ingeniously devised!!! smile

#353687 - 02/14/11 09:34 PM Re: "Submit" button in the forums [Re: WalkingSouth]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I had trouble with the "submit" button when I first came to MS. I actually knew it was because a perp compelled me forcibly to submit to his abuse. By now I have become desensitized to it.

Allen

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.