Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 13 of 24 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#374636 - 11/08/11 09:42 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Feel proud of those two great kids, not the institution that turned an eye to abuse....It saddens me that this will bring a cloud over something you love and find so dear...(((keith))).

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#374679 - 11/08/11 03:52 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
mrwhiskers Offline

Even when u think it doesnt...it is getting better..definitely
smile

#374715 - 11/08/11 10:19 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: mrwhiskers]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Gabe & Harris....the kids at Penn State are angry hurt and confused by all that has happened at a place they love. There is a media circus there and protest by studenst for justice. Its a learing experience, but not one I had banked on for him or his sister.

This was my note to my son at PSU....the kids up there are very twisted by it all. They hurt bad over what is now known of a place they love...I hope they were wise enough for him.

Dear Danny, I love your passion, I love your loyalty, I love your values....hell I taught you those values right? No PSU did not create that monster. No, the pitiful lack of action by a group of leaders does not make PSU less a great place. But those who did too little need to be accountable, if only morally accountable, for not doing the right thing. PSU won't heal until those who did not step up are gone. And the men who were abused need PSU to support their well being. What happened up there can't be taken back. But you and all your very good and decent friends up there can make sure things are done today to help heal Happy Valley. Keep doing good stuff up there...doing good for others is something you and your sister do so well. That comes from your hearts. All my love and respect...Dad

#375545 - 11/16/11 03:48 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah we all see there are many new MS members this week. We all know why.

Hey is gets better when you tell your self it is time to heal.

So welcome to you all. You are brave good men.

I'm not going to tell you about PSU directly in this note.

I will tell you a story that proves it does get better.

I'm in the yard Sunday smoking a Cigar and faking that I care there are leafs there.
A neighbor comes by to be the 100th person this week to lecture me on what my kids
should say and do as Penn State undergrads.

She also spoke very compassionately about the horror of abuse and the effects of that crime.
So point # 1 is it gets better when you realize people around us very much care about ASA/CSA, and they do
feel our pain.

Point #2 is she lectured me about how hurt a survivor of abuse must be. Hey I am that survivor, but you see, regardless of my internal fears,
I am just her neighbor, her friend, the guy with 2 students up at Penn State. So I must be all healed huh? Get it?

It gets better when you remind yourself we are just very good men. That's all we are guys. Cool huh?

Oh, and on my neighbors lecture about how I should speak to my 2 Penn Staters about the crimes up there.
I told her to STFU. After all, I'm a Jersey Survivor and we got Swag! And yeah, I already taught our kids right and wrong, ya know?

Be well guys....

P.S.: My Avatar right now is the Crying Penn State Nittany Lion Emblem. It cries in pain and shame for the horrible crimes commited against children at PSU

#375550 - 11/16/11 04:23 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
I hope you had nice glass of vodka while listening! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#375560 - 11/16/11 04:52 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Anthony39]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah we all see there are many new MS members this week. We all know why.

Hey is gets better when you tell your self it is time to heal.

So welcome to you all. You are brave good men.

I'm not going to tell you about PSU directly in this note.

I will tell you a story that proves it does get better.

I'm in the yard Sunday smoking a Cigar and faking that I care there are leafs there.
A neighbor comes by to be the 100th person this week to lecture me on what my kids
should say and do as Penn State undergrads.

She also spoke very compassionately about the horror of abuse and the effects of that crime.
So point # 1 is it gets better when you realize people around us very much care about ASA/CSA, and they do
feel our pain.

Point #2 is she lectured me about how hurt a survivor of abuse must be. Hey I am that survivor, but you see, regardless of my internal fears,
I am just her neighbor, her friend, the guy with 2 students up at Penn State. So I must be all healed huh? Get it?

It gets better when you remind yourself we are just very good men. That's all we are guys. Cool huh?

Oh, and on my neighbors lecture about how I should speak to my 2 Penn Staters about the crimes up there.
I told her to STFU. After all, I'm a Jersey Survivor and we got Swag! And yeah, I already taught our kids right and wrong, ya know?

Be well guys....

P.S.: My Avatar right now is the Crying Penn State Nittany Lion Emblem. It cries in pain and shame for the horrible crimes commited against children at PSU

#375563 - 11/16/11 05:18 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
kb8715:

You're right as usual, there's nothing new about know-it-all neighbors sharing their unsolicited opinions--and alas, Penn State is only the latest place where a certain social and institutional malaise has surfaced.

But at least your neighbors care--just filter all the verbiage down to that thought (then tell 'em to shaddap, NY/NJ neighbors can take it!). And at least there has been a start to straightening out the latest eruption of the perpetual CSA mess that just happens to be in State College this time. Peace... and Go Pitt! wink

John

#375731 - 11/17/11 01:35 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: unhappycamper]
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
I experienced an "it gets better" moment 4 or 5 years ago when a maintenance worker with the apartment I lived in was there to fix something. I don't remember details, but while we were talking he mentioned that one of his kids works with kids who were sexually abused and he was even aware of the 1 in 6 statistic that applies to boys.

#375881 - 11/18/11 09:21 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Asmodeus]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks John, thanks Sgt. Pepper.

With so many new men joing us right now I feel so strongly we all have too keep focused that it can and does get better.

I can't explain why there is any pain on the face of the earth. I can't explain why any human being would hurt in any way a child.

But I know each day we all have a chance to do a good deed, make some person smile, help another out, and of course be here for a fellow survivor who has not yet seen that it does get better.

Tonight those 2 very good Penn State undergrads get home about 10pm. They have been gone since mid August and have been very missed.

And they have been told we are going to sit down tonight over a few Grey Gooses they are too young to have and talk more about how they are expected to make sure it does get better up there at PSU.

A good friend from MS told me this week it was practically illegal to wish anyone a Happy Holiday before 12/1. He's Canadian and you guys must have different rules there, eh?

So I will be the first to say Happy Holidays all, and as John (Unhappycamper) says to me.....PEACE!

#376296 - 11/21/11 09:50 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Obi-Todd for your feedback.

As I said, I write this all out to clear my head, but more importantly I do this because no man here needs to get stuck in their past pain. We all need to see though the hurt is real, recovery and a happy life is very real too.

I'm not different than any of you but it does get better, and it has. That's what I want for us all....

Page 13 of 24 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.