Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444111 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#352696 - 02/03/11 10:15 AM Trying to find a local support group SE Michigan
static_00 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Hello all,

When I first joined here I went into the chat room and I was given the site Rainn.org to contact to get me in touch with a local support group or therapist. It took a couple phone calls to them to get an appointment and I patiently waited over two weeks for my scheduled first appointment on Jan 31st. Four hours before my appointment I received a phone call from the therapist informing me that she was sorry but there are no support groups for adult male CSA survivors (too few people looking for that assistance). That she would suggest using the same techniques she uses with other groups, and that she would be available to see me in an individual therapy session (at a later scheduled date). I was a little taken aback since I was not expecting this after waiting anxiously to get in contact with support locally. I thanked her and said I would look for something else in the area.

Although I am a bit frustrated by the above, I want to find local support for me to start healing. Searching on-line I am finding a lot of agricultural CSA groups, a few women only CSA groups, and not much for adult male CSA survivors. Does anyone know or could anyone recommend something for me in the area. I live in Livingston county Michigan, work in Ann Arbor.

Thank you,
Eric

I've learned that the shame we carry is our overwhelming burden. Amazingly, it does not weigh down others if we open up and share with them. Realizing that the shame is not ours to own makes all the difference in the world.

#353112 - 02/08/11 02:06 PM Re: Trying to find a local support group SE Michigan [Re: static_00]
Dogs&Gods Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Mighty Mitten
Well there are 2 of us in Michigan, I guess we are the only ones....

Hope we find others that could use the support.

#353142 - 02/08/11 10:35 PM Re: Trying to find a local support group SE Michigan [Re: Dogs&Gods]
newbeginning Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes there is a support group in Michigan. Send me a PM and I will send you the information. It is an incredible group with some incredible men and we are all working very hard to recovery what was stolen from us.

#354342 - 02/21/11 01:53 PM Re: Trying to find a local support group SE Michigan [Re: static_00]
nyrrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I recently found a great men's CSA support group using the Male Survivor website. Use the main portion of the malesurvivor webpage and click on "Survivor Therapists" on the "Survivors" menu. There will be a link on the bottom of that page to find a group in your area.

Best Wishes!

#357826 - 03/27/11 01:19 PM Re: Trying to find a local support group SE Michigan [Re: Dogs&Gods]
wgwarch Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southeast Michigan
Nope, Mike, there are at least 10 of us that I know of. We're everywhere, only some feel they are alone.

Let me know if anyone needs info.

Bill

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.