Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63166 Topics
441714 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 15 of 24 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#378867 - 12/09/11 08:55 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you all who read these thoughts. Thank you all who have trusted me to really know them and let me know you. The trust and respect we give each other by cell-text emails phone calls by knowing our full names and full lives and by ongoing support here and elsewhere is so healing to me and I hope you as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think @ 30,000 you get a tune up or some such thing.

I wish I had better words to help us all here. I mostly just repeat and repeat that this is a mind game only, that we are the only ones who hold us back, and that if I can do this you sure as hell can too.

Itís what I believe and what I have learned really.

Of course I owe that to so many of you here. I have made life long friends here in places like Mexico and Europe, In Boston, Michigan, Fla. and right in my own back yard.

One guy here told me ďeveryone needs a CanadianĒ. I got 2 or 3 Canadians thankfully. One of them has kicked my A$$ to be sure I saw I do a Damn good job as a Dad, just like his Dad does too. His cell is a Bat Phone for me I tell him.

All of my MS family are there for me, day or night if I need. I can call or IM each of them, and them me, on good days and bad.

We donít just talk CSA. Who the hell wants to do that? We talk music, parties, work, school, love life, family & pets. It gets better as we realize life is full and recovery is only one aspect of who we all are.

All this comes with trust you cultivate and earn through care, concern, & respect. It's nothing complicated really.

Man it so does get better. Be well.

Keith

______

#378868 - 12/09/11 09:01 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
(((((((((((((((((((KEITH))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Lucky to have you in my life dude!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#378948 - 12/10/11 08:21 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Anthony39]
mrwhiskers Offline

Hugs keith
What tio said :), plus 10,000 thanks

#379114 - 12/12/11 08:18 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: mrwhiskers]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Thanks" is a very nice word we use to express gratitude to each other but its not needed either.

I never mean to minimize the hurt of abuse but the truth is MS is a place full of very accomplished men with huge potential.

But our closets loved ones only know the definition of "triggered" while we all know how that feels and are there to talk the other man back to peace.

That's how it works here. That's how it does get better.

#380160 - 12/20/11 10:41 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Itís still the simple stuff that makes it get betterÖ..

You got to look around at what we have, not what we lost. It is that simple line of view that defines if we stay stuck in past pain or can thrive and help others all around us.

I keep saying I am no more fortunate than anyone here. No less fortunate as well.

Tonight my wife has us meeting @ 4.30pm in the parking lot of our Church. We are meeting a man named George who is raising 3 kids below the age of 12 alone. His family is sponsored by our Food Pantry and we will load his mini van up with good stuff for his kids.

I may think my wife is a Saint, but I sure as Hell am not. But I can do good things beside her each week, and I can teach those values to our kids, and I can share those thoughts with all who know me, including all of you.

Come on GentsÖ..we all can heal. Do something today for another person and see how good it feels. See through that gesture that is does get better.

Happy Holidays all.

#380171 - 12/20/11 11:32 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I agree, and will add, sometimes, we need to do some things for ourselves too....To love ourselves buddy.

While you think of others, which is normal, I'll remind you to think of you.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#380367 - 12/21/11 10:28 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Castle]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Castle is right bout this stuff he's a real good friend to me & many here (though he drinks cheap bourbon less I'm buying).

Today a new a new guy pm'd me to say this stuff all helped though. I'm glad. That's the point of course. To never let any one give up more we each have already. It ain't easy always but we can do this.

It's mind over mind. Don't accept the hurt. Believe in yourself and see it does get better.

Happy holidays all.

Keith

#380592 - 12/24/11 11:17 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Heading to Times Square and then to the Rock Center Tree for Xmas Eve. We kinda enjoy our own city when it's full of all you Tourists!

I wish you all a peaceful Holiday. Turn off your brains if you can and just enjoy.

Next year is on us and it's a time for us all to let it get better.

In ways In know that sounds hard to some of you, but it's really easy if you want it and will it for yourself. I see many here that are doing it.

I don't have a right to use their names but I really do speak for a bunch of guys right here who are thriving at home, at work, in school, in their relationships & in freindships.

So here is to 2012, and make the resolution now you will let it get better.

Nothing but the best to us all.

Keith

#380594 - 12/24/11 12:15 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
skylar777 Offline

Loc: ohio
Merry Christmas Keith you ae so right . I always wondered what it must be like to live in a big city like NewYork. i have never been there and find it scary and enchanting as well. It must be different living in the city.

ok have a wonderful hoiday.

Skylar777

#382099 - 01/11/12 02:24 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: skylar777]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

It gets better sometimes when you take a break to consider the big picture in life.

Who wants to spend 24x7 being a survivor really?

There is more in life for us all. A lot of it is so damn good, and sure, some bruises us.

Iíve put my time (ok worry) on my oldest kidís health. Iím sure my survivor brain makes me worry more than needed but it is what it is.

And like always the guys here who really know me talked me down a bit from wanting to control shit I can not control.

Some guys here from places like NJ NYC, Mexico and Canada really take the time to be there for me and for each other. One guy up north gets it & always put me back in place.

Iím very blessed to have these friends I met at MS.

We may be here as survivors, but at times friends are simply friends, and man that so makes it get better.

Cheers...

Keith

Page 15 of 24 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.