Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (Hopein14, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#376306 - 11/21/11 11:44 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
LOL.... keith!!!!!

i was just kidding around... teasing ya, 'cause ya know.. you're like joisey and all... LOL....

it's all good and i appreciate the compliments... smile

my story

my vlog

#376366 - 11/21/11 06:07 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Obi]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Todd. Jersey guys have swag but on ASA or CSA we bruise like anyone does.

But we all can heal and thrive too. With so many new men joining us here its so important to say we are good men.

Yes gents we are very normal people. Hurt but normal.

Some of my closest friends from MS never post or go to chat. But man they are doing well. They have their bumps and bad days but they would also say they are loved and they are happy.

I am loved. I know how to show love. I have a great family, great friends, and a good job.

I am nothing special. I am simply a survivor of csa proud to be in the company of good men healing.

Good luck to the veterans here. Good luck to the new guys.

It does get better.

#376501 - 11/22/11 04:58 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

A real good friend here let me know he hit a hard wall today. It's temporary. I got faith in him.

With all the news about PSU too few seem to notice the sad news about Scouting in both Canada & the US. He's one of the men who knows that pain.

But he's also one of the toughest and most driven guys I have met here and I'm very lucky he is my friend.

He does not post a lot, and is rarely in chat, but he always let's you know he has your back. He's just a very loyal friend I guess.

I know it has gotten better for him in many ways. I know though today he may feel pain it's going to pass and he will keep doing good stuff in life.

Guys like my pal are not as rare as we think. They are all over this site really.

The new men here will find it gets better as you meet men like him and see how they refuse to let abuse rob them of a damn thing.

Big man, thanks pal. Got your back too.

#376982 - 11/27/11 11:45 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

My buddy who I talk about above is dealing good like he always does. He's strong to the core and knows like I do that good days always follow tough ones.

What happened to him in Scouts, what happened at PSU, what happened to all of us is bullshit, but he always shows me it does get better.

The house is decorated for Xmas and a large crew of really good college students were here last night to enjoy.

All the usual suspects were here including my sons pal "Evan-911" who lost his dad at World Trade Center. He's doing real good and shows me too it does get better.

There is nothing unique to the men here I lean on at MS. The people in my life are like those in your own. But we all see it does get better and I hope you do too.

#377404 - 11/30/11 08:30 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

What a great time of year to do something for another person.

So many kids may not have the holiday they hoped for this year. Want to see that it does get better? GIVE!

We always participate in the "Giving Tree" in our Parish. There are so many other ways such as TOYS FOR TOTS etc that make sure kids less lucky will smile this holiday.

Want to make your inner kid see it gets better? Do something today for a kid less fortunate right in your town.

Happy Holdiays all...It Does Get Better.

#377508 - 12/01/11 01:01 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
mrwhiskers Offline

So true keith.....
I was talking about this same topic with my kids , every year they participate in "Keep them warm" and "Xtmas for all of our children", one is to donate winter blankets and warm clothes for poor and homeless people and the other one is to donate new or second hand toys for kids less fortunate , what amazes me is how my kids are always ready to help people in need, even my little sister, donates some of her toys, when i see my kids and how great kids they are, when i realise how blessed i am, all i can say is yeah, things are really better,
Happy Holidays keith
Happy Holidays all....

#377708 - 12/02/11 10:18 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: mrwhiskers]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gabe, thanks as always for your support. You show so many of us it does get better. No one I know has done more to care for family while also dealing with CSA then you. Proud to know you Gabe. Let me say this one again because it is a great time of year to let a kid less fortunate smile because of our efforts. Let it get better by helping a kid this holiday season:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What a great time of year to do something for another person.

So many kids may not have the holiday they hoped for this year. Want to see that it does get better? GIVE!

We always participate in the "Giving Tree" in our Parish. There are so many other ways such as TOYS FOR TOTS etc that make sure kids less lucky will smile this holiday.

Want to make your inner kid see it gets better? Do something today for a kid less fortunate right in your town.

Happy Holdiays all...It Does Get Better.

#378128 - 12/04/11 02:37 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Several of the men here I'm close to have found letting themselves love and be loved is healing. They are in places like Canada Europe Mexico Boston Michigan Florida and here in NYC.

Earlier this year none allowed themselves to fully embrace that emotion. Each said it was not time yet. Each one along the way said it to a woman or a man or a family member they do love. Watching you guys grow and heal makes me grow and heal with you each.

Let your love show. Take the risk. The proof of how that let's it get better is all around us here in MS.

Happy Holidays gents. It really gets better.

Keith

#378130 - 12/04/11 02:47 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: kb8715
Several of the men here I'm close to have found letting themselves love and be loved...

Well said!!! I have come here and read this post many times this year. I am single and consider myself more loveable at year end.

I Consider many of you to be a great friend and inspiration.

Peace,
Avery

#378552 - 12/07/11 09:23 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Avery46]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think @ 30,000 you get a tune up or some such thing.

I wish I had better words to help us all here. I mostly just repeat and repeat that this is a mind game only, that we are the only ones who hold us back, and that if I can do this you sure as hell can too.

It’s what I believe and what I have learned really.

Of course I owe that to so many of you here. I have made life long friends here in places like Mexico and Europe, In Boston, Michigan, Fla. and right in my own back yard.

One guy here told me “everyone needs a Canadian”. I got 2 or 3 Canadians thankfully. One of them has kicked my A$$ to be sure I saw I do a Damn good job as a Dad, just like his Dad does too. His cell is a Bat Phone for me I tell him.

All of my MS family are there for me, day or night if I need. I can call or IM each of them, and them me, on good days and bad.

We don’t just talk CSA. Who the hell wants to do that? We talk music, parties, work, school, love life, family & pets. It gets better as we realize life is full and recovery is only one aspect of who we all are.

All this comes with trust you cultivate and earn through care, concern, & respect. It's nothing complicated really.

Man it so does get better. Be well.

Keith

Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.