Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#351047 - 01/17/11 02:44 PM TG support
lee55 Offline

Loc: midwest
Many thanks for the kind responses last week. Have often in my life wondered if I perhaps may have aspects of being transgendered. Did cousins abuse when I was 7-9 cause these emotions or was I born with such feelings. Its like the chicken or the egg. Either way does anyone have any insight or direction on transgendered individuals? I know its not what many people want to discuss but have been harboring these thoughts much of my adult life,

#351221 - 01/19/11 11:06 AM Re: TG support [Re: lee55]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hey Lee55,

I'm a gay man who isn't transgender. I have some friends and colleagues who do identify as transgender. I've also spent several years worked on gender identity issues in the workplace.

It sounds like you would benefit from talking with a therapist who is familiar with gender identity dysphoria, and from reading some personal accounts of both men who were raised as girls for some period of their lives, and men who have come to feel that their true gender identity doesn't match their birth gender. There is a broad spectrum of gender identity and you don't need to live only at the polar ends. smile

I'll do some research in the next couple of days and see what resources I can assemble for you.

So many of us have challenges figuring out if our sexual orientation comes from within ourselves, or whether something in our experience might have imposed our desires upon us. Your dilemma feels very familiar to me.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.