Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#350741 - 01/14/11 02:32 PM CSA support group
RecoveryReady1 Offline

I have been attending a support group for cas for the past month 4 sessions so far...I thought it was going to feel warm and supportive (and at times it does) but more than not I find I am triggered by the forcful way in which some members speak... feels very angry to me. Also I get this strong sense that some members glorify their abusers or the ones supposed to be looking after them....excusing clearly abusive stuff and acting all matcho....I find this quite disturbing....I understand...but I thought people would be more able or willing to just express the grief and the vulnerability....
Instead I find it much like the experience I had with my father. Forcful ...Way over the top matcho....somewhat delusional.

#350742 - 01/14/11 02:37 PM Re: CSA support group [Re: RecoveryReady1]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

I now see that these people are triggering me and I can't be codependent with them....I must speak for my child and I must look after myself.....In a way it's a good wake up call for me.
I have been waiting for people to feel really safe and cozy and warm so that I could feel safe and express myself....and it is true the group feels safe in a sense that people understand what it's like to have been violated in such a deep way......but it can still have a jealous angry dominating feel to it.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.