Newest Members
R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6, Johnnygolightly, Stormchaser
12318 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, Obi, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35064 - 06/27/02 10:58 AM Re: "New" memory
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Ron,

I know exactly what you meant by
Quote:
I long for the day when I can get angry, get happy, get sad, get anything other than numb! I have been on a flat line of emotion for so long I don't even recognize emotions anymore.
but the emotions are there to be regained. I had hardly recognized a true emotion at first but they are great. Hope you can find yours soon.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#35065 - 06/28/02 12:35 PM Re: "New" memory
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Finding your emotions once again is a great feeling, like so many of us I spent 30 years flatlining mine. I was cold and aloof with everyone. I only ever cried alone in the night.
Now I can sit here reading what everyone writes and cry openly. I cry at the sad posts and the strong ones. And if my wife comes in I don't try to hide, she gives me a hug and a smile.
And once the emotion is over I feel so much better, the sorrow of what I've read doesn't drag me down like it would have done a few years ago.
But I do let the strong posts affect me, I take a bit of that strength and keep it for when I need it.
It's a wonderful feeling having emotions again, and a hell of a job coping with them after surpressing them for so long, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Lloydy \:\) \:\)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.