Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (Doubter, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447983 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#350445 - 01/12/11 08:24 AM Mike Lew Couples Weekend Feb. 25 - 27
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

I wanted to let everyone know about Mike Lew's Couples Weekend for couples in which one member is a survivor. If you've never had the chance to do a session with Mike, he is obviously, a great man and a great leader for these types of things. If you're in a relationship or marriage, I think this would be a great weekend to think about. it is obviously open to every type of couple, str8, gay, lesbian etc.

The link to the place where the retreat is held is: http://www.kirkridge.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=318&Itemid=

and the link to Mike's website http://www.nextstepcounseling.org/upcomingevents2.htm

It's be cool to see and meet some of you there, my wife and I will be going.

all the best,

Kevin

#351114 - 01/18/11 06:58 AM Re: Mike Lew Couples Weekend Feb. 25 - 27 [Re: sono]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
I would love to go but getting the time off to travel from Australia will be just too much - this year.

I've attended 4 of Mike's weekend workshops and felt like I made huge, permanent steps forward on my journey of recovery. My wife got to meet Mike when we came over to NY for the International Conference - she got to meet one of the two guys who've helped me to choose to stay alive and to make enough progress on my journey for us still to be married.

For those who can make it please be assured that there are a bunch of guys and our partners here in Australia who send our unconditional positive regard (aka love). Maybe we will be able to persuade Mike to forsake the snows of Kirkridge in favour of the fire and floods and snakes and . . . Well, we can dream.

#351147 - 01/18/11 03:30 PM Re: Mike Lew Couples Weekend Feb. 25 - 27 [Re: expom]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
What a great endorsement. Maybe I should get married just so I can attend the retreat!

#351549 - 01/22/11 02:30 AM Re: Mike Lew Couples Weekend Feb. 25 - 27 [Re: WriterKeith]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi there Writer Keith

The way that I understand it is that you don't have to be married. The weekend is for couples where at least one of the couple is a male who has been sexually assaulted.

If this fits you then :o}

If you are currently flying solo then it may be worth checking Mikes website (Next step counselling) for when he has his summer weekend workshop for guys.

Or you could always do an Oprah and "Come on down to Ostrayleah". Mike is due to lead a couple of weekend workshops including his 5th year at Maldon, Victoria, in July.

ADen

#355231 - 03/01/11 12:11 PM Re: Mike Lew Couples Weekend Feb. 25 - 27 [Re: expom]
Remickulous1 Offline

Loc: Pacific NorthWest, WA

Edited by Remickulous1 (06/22/11 04:32 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.