Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (nltsaved, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63556 Topics
444031 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#350292 - 01/10/11 06:27 PM Predator's method violence or seduction
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA

Ive been thinking on this for a few days.

Predators Im sure can be divided into a number of categories but for the moment Id like to think of them in two groups. There are those that use seduction and coxing to needle their way into the lives of their victims. In doing so they destroy trust towards caretakers and loved ones. Interesting enough some of these predators would never resort to physical violence. Its as if, they have some twisted moral code or boundary and would never pull a weapon or beat their victims. Then you have those that violence is as much or more of the pleasure they seek making the sexual act itself almost secondary. No matter what they would force violence into the equation in order to gain whatever sick need it is they are after.

Clearly a predator could use both, as was in my case, but either way it is all extremely damaging.

So, why did I bring this up? I dont know Ive just had it running in my brain for a few days and needed to get it out. I guess there really is no point to be made.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#350297 - 01/10/11 07:06 PM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: earlybird]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Earl,

I actually think you make some valid points. There are some molesters/rapists who actually think violence is a line they would not cross. In their minds that is wrong while they make excuses for what they do sexually to a person. I think many child molesters would say this. You mentioned a code and that might fit this. I have read stories of rapists who took a certain "care" of their adult victims in a sick twisted way and they did not see anything wrong with the sexual assault part.

Then there are the sadistic ones for whom pleasure is not derived solely from the sexual assault. It is also brought about from the violence they inflict upon the victim.

I think grooming can occur with both children and adults. Many adults who have been sexually assaulted knew their assailants. They presented themselves to be a certain person to the intended victim. They brought about a sense of trust from the person they were casing as their next victim.

Something has caused you to bring this up here. Maybe doing this will help you see why.

Daryl

Edited by prisonerID (01/11/11 04:31 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#350314 - 01/10/11 10:10 PM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: prisonerID]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

Earl, that's so curious to see you use that phrase "twisted moral code" as related to not using violence in some perpetrator's methods. It strikes me as curious because of course the man who abused me would never ever have used violence or force. It would have been absolutely impossible for him to I believe.

So there's that on the one hand, and at the same time a very, very tiny part of me reacts instinctively with "well, of course Mark wouldn't have done something so abusive" as if to defend him against the bad sexual abusers.

And Daryl of course that is an absolute line for someone like my perp that they would not cross. An important thing I think for guys like him is to be able to believe on some level that the child is willing and maybe even that they are doing the child a favor. I and others who know him truly believe mine was completely infatuated with me in his own mind. You would never hurt something you love would you?

These are sick fucks, each and every one.

Although I'm sure as Daryl says, this post will serve a purpose for you Earl, I can certainly say it served a purpose for me. I helped me realize that although he did not use violence with me, Mark is not to be judged any more leniently because of that, nor was he less evil. I needed to hear that.

How interesting to observe the through lines which connect all of our perps Earl, Daryl and me...they were each quite different, but there are elements which they all share.

Kevin

#350340 - 01/11/11 05:59 AM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: sono]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kevin I have to agree with you, there is no reason to show more leniency towards those who resort to twisting love and affection, support and caretaking, into a different form of violence. One that attacks with just as much ferocity and evil intent as does drugging, a gun or a fist. Different parts of the victims brain, spirit and body may be injured but the damage is every much as reprehensible.

Daryl as always, you see into a corner of my thoughts. I dont know why Ive been kicking this particular thought about violence around. I know that any sexual abuse is sexual assault and violent by the very fact it is so damaging to the victims. It is not a stolen kiss or a teens wandering hands, those are completely different events. Its thievery at its worse. It is monstrous in its intent. Sexual assault is an expression of the loathing of humanity by the rapist or abuser. A desire to destroy!

I still dont know why Im even on this subject. Im not saying anything new. No insight. No great ideas as to how to recover. Friggen nothing to suggest. I guess Im just re-visiting a rotting corpse trying to determine what to do with it, when the answer is readily clear, bury the thing! But for the moment Ill keep examining it. Why is the real question?

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#350344 - 01/11/11 07:44 AM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: earlybird]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Earl,

My T often says when I apologize for repeating something, that repeating it means it must be important. So, there is certainly something important here. I've frequently found it necessary, or at least found myself doing it, to go back and revisit parts of the story in a more complete or full way and/or just simply going through it again. Maybe that's something you need to do here. I think it's instinctively important for us to try and find our place and that is also what you're doing by looking at all of these different types of perpetrators, some of which aren't applicable to yourself.

Oh and of course, if you didn't agree with me, there'd be hell to pay!!!

all the best,

Kevin

#350351 - 01/11/11 09:10 AM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: sono]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kevin,

Of course Ill always say I agree with you then pay hells due. whistle

In my case the seditious tools of seduction were first employed by one man then another man came into the equation as I was not showing interest - it was then things turned violent. Ive always seen the violence as a consequence of my resistance. A new understanding is forming in my brain. The violence was their central desire and the rape a continuation of the violence. (Does that make any sense?)

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#350352 - 01/11/11 09:14 AM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: sono]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, assault, and battery are all forms of trauma that are outside the initial processing abilities of human beings. These are not within the scope of reasoning.

What draws me personally to this subject is both progress beyond the coping mechanisms of the trauma, and, I hate to admit, but an overwhelming pull towards the negative abuse controls I had experienced.

Recovery is a delicate balance. To go back and remember the trauma, the triggers, the feelings and then to process them to a beneficial outcome, to a present that is free of resentment, guilt, shame and a future that is free of anxiety.., this is what recovery means to me.
Inevitably, I find myself shrouded by the abuse controls of fear and frozen ability and rejection. I allow my emotions to invest my present too deeply into the abuse, and I am consumed by the trauma controls, unable to find the "lesson" of recovery.

The "lesson of recovery", the "repeating" as Kevin brought out, is important, I think because I do not grasp that the abuse was not about me, the victim not hand picked. I was a one of three who were abused by the same perpetrator, and I was rejected after years of abuse in favor of another. The feelings of the trauma make it too hard, or I am not strong enough, inevitably, I remember and trigger because I am currently stalled in life and activity. Ok, ok, enough already, stay focused... The "lesson" is that I was abused, but the inner abuser is continuing to tell me that I want the erotic, sensual, complete access but that I will have to submit to being a second class citizen. However, I do not currently get the access, so when I pay for the abuse by submitting my will to inner abuser and do not get the support of access, then I become disillusioned and rejected, over and over.

This has been so debilitating that I am considering applying for federal disability, I cannot get out of this abuse loop. However, this is the first time I was able to spell it out, so...

What are my qualifications for this post? I have been sexually abused, duh, physically beaten for years, and emotionally controlled, no free will.

In my estimation, any trauma is predatory and destructive, and it is about the victim and their perceptions of the abuse that should be the defining judgement, not a set of laws as guidelines. It is the victim that should be asked as to the damage, and then a jury consider the victim as well as the law.

Thanks for your thoughts Earl, great post, and for your patience, Daryl and Kevin, and for you Sam, for sharing. Next time I will do it on a Saturday afternoon, not on your lunch breaks wink

#350369 - 01/11/11 12:08 PM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: SamV]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sam, the phone conversation with you this morning was wonderful a significant part of this process we refer to as healing.

Your words in the above post;

The "lesson of recovery", the "repeating" as Kevin brought out, is important,

caught my eye. I wonder sometimes if Im not simply fingering the corps to see if it still has life. Kind of a kids game one in which I sneak up on the rotting flesh of memories tag it then run and hide and wait to see if it moves or comes after me. Its not the fun type of hide and seek that I might play with friends or loving parents, no much more sinister in nature. What I sometimes start to question myself is can a corps be sinister? Or is it me being sadistic to myself?

What I probably should do is go kick the son of a #@%& and then stand there and just challenge it do take me on. mad smile

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#350371 - 01/11/11 12:28 PM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: earlybird]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Ha! I completely agree! Earl, just kick it and demand it either get up and fight, or stay down so we can get our rewards!

Finger, kick and share, my fellow survivor, we are not done yet with the abuse controls, but we are farther along.

Sam

#350385 - 01/11/11 04:10 PM Re: Predator's method violence or seduction [Re: SamV]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well hell if this ain't swell reuniting with you guys in this thread!!!!!!

So now, down to business...

Earl, I think I'm gonna get all survivory on you and suggest that your metaphor, while it may be absolutely perfect for how you feel about this..."go up and touch the corpse" and maybe that's just a good image for you for something long ago, but it is an image so filled with extra feelings (a corpse!! yikes!!) that I can't help but think maybe, as a friend of mine might say, maybe it's your relationship with that corpse that your trying to change...make the corpse less icky in other words. There's no fun per se involved for me when i deal with my abuse, but it's definitely less icky than it was a year ago, if you know what I mean.

Sam, you gotta send me another Sam-note and tell me what the heck you're talkin' 'bout there pardner!

As a side bar, I hop you guys all had a great holiday season and are having a swell start into the new year!

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.