Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
2 registered (Shyshark, takingitslow), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442068 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#350233 - 01/09/11 11:24 PM Introducing Myself
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, USA
Hello everyone!

I originally became a member of this site several months ago only because my therapist kept nagging me about checking it out. I didn't think that becoming part of the MS community would help me in any way, shape or form, but, boy was I wrong! I finally decided to fully become part of this communality a few weeks ago and and it has given me a sense of belonging that I've always yearned for. I have met wonderful people here and I look forward to continue being part of this community with an open mind and get the help and benefits of being part of such a wonderful community, but most importantly be of service and/or help to others as well. But enough of these. Now I want to move on to tell you my story, which some of you already know.

My memories go as far as before Kindergarten; my father was an alcoholic and was very physically abusive when he was inebriated and I was terrified of him. At that early aged I thought, whenever i get married and have children of my own I will never have them go through what my dad has put us through. Luckily my mom divorcing when I was 12 and never saw his ass ever again (Hasta la vista, baby.

Then, when i was around 7 0r 8 y/o my older brother started introducing me to sex. it started with fondling , then thinks progressed into more involved sexual activities that I don't care to mention in detail. the abuse by brother went on for years until I was 17 y/o. That's when I put a stop to it by telling him that I was no longer afraid of him and if he tried anything with again, I would turn him in to the authorities since was still a minor and he was already an adult; that scared the crap out of him. A couple of years into this incestuous relationship, I realized that something was not right and asked my brother to stop, but he told me that if I told a soul about, no one would believe me over him, because he the oldest my parent and everybody else would believe him over me and I completely believed what he said and I was scared shitless to tell anyone.

When I was 16 y/o I decided to speak to a priest about it and he assured me that he would help me, and the first step would be ask my mother for permission to stay a the rectory with him at night and would tell my mother, it would be to help out in the parish. I am a "cradle Catholic" and I was very involved in church stuff such as: being and Altar Boy, a reader during Mass, youth ministry, catechist,community service, you name it. The point to this is is that from a very young age it was instill in my head, that you are not to question the actions or opinions or even orders of a priest, and that's besides the fact that I was a naive person to begin with, plus I never had a male roll model to follow. Needless to say, I fell prey in the claws of this Hawk, that took advantage of my insecurities, yearning of a male figure to guide me and to help me in my times of confusion, desperation and what have you.
Six months after this continuous abuse went on, I confronted the priest and told him, this whole thing did not seemed normal to me, that I thought he was taking advantage of the fact that I had being molested and after learning of it, he made my tribulations work to his favor. to this he replied "I'm just helping you explore and let out of those negative feeling by providing you with love and emotional security". Don't ask me why, but I bought it.
Finally, my mother decided for us to move to a new city and I was relieved to know that I will no longer had to deal with this priest. meanwhile, I had all these feeling of confusion, both moral and of sexual identity, gilt, self blame, depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, believing that I will go to hell, because of all the bad things that I was led to believe I've had instigated all of it etc. So, I decided to go and speak to yet another priest, this one was very old and feeble, and I thought I would be safe with this one. I told him in the secrecy of confession, everything that had happened to me, and all the feeling that I was dealing with at the time and asked for his guidance.
After the confession, he told me that I seemed very upset and perhaps we should have a conversation so he could help me work things out, and I thought I had finally had found help. Well, I was 17 at the that and I did not drink alcohol then and the priest offered me a soft drink and willingly accepted it it, but I smelled alcohol in it, and asked if there was any alcohol in it and he yes, just a little bit to help you calm your names, then he gave a second drink and after having finished I became groggy. Next think I know, my pants are down and his is performing fellatio on me. when I realized what was going on, I thought of kicking him away from, but I thought if i did that I might killed and did not want that in conscience, so I let him finish instead.
After this I decided to dissociate myself from the church. and then I lived with all those negative feeling and confusion, but kept it bottled up inside for twenty years until I sought help from a professional and after a few years of that I have found the courage to do what I'm doing right now... Telling my story.

Now that was my CSA experience; my ASA experience happened with a third priest. There was a friend of mine that had just entered the seminary before we moved away to another city and I ran into him, in Miami, while he was visiting his brother, whom happened to live in my neighborhood and his brother was actually my sister's Godfather. By that time he had already become a priest and even though, I did not trust priests, I trusted him, because I saw his as more of an old friend. He asked if I would show him around the city and I willingly did so. He asked to see all this different places in Miami Beach and stop for drinks, which is not what I had I mind, but I just went along with with it. Once I felt I was getting too tipsy, I told him, I think I better take you back to your brother's house because I'm getting too drunk to dive. to this he replied that he did not want his brother to see him in a drunk stage and asked me if he could stay with me. Since I had a guest room/home office in my apt.,Ii told him that wouldn't be a problem and we headed to my place. I went to my bedroom and past out...some time in the middle of the night he cam into my room and was on top of me, when I wok up. obviously I tried to fight off, but he told me to comply, since he knew what had happened with the first priest, and if I didn't comply he would tell on me, so, I let him have his way with me because I did not want my secret out. This increased more of my guilt, shame, self blame and every single negative feelings and emotions you can think off. But here i am now on the road to recovery.

I still have an big issue with sexual identity and felt inadequate to have a relationship, but I'm working on it.

I apologize for haven't written such a long story, bit it is my story and i want you to learn about. It's liberating to be able to tell my story to people that have been in my shoes and would understand and support me and also allow me to the same for others.

This is all for now brothers!

Czaesar smile

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#350234 - 01/09/11 11:42 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Czaesar72]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
thanks for sharing Czaesar

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#350235 - 01/09/11 11:51 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: michael Joseph]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
we all go thru a lot no matter what happened to us when u have felt many here have felt including me.

I will write more it is almost midnight and I am tired.

michael joseph

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#350237 - 01/09/11 11:58 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: michael Joseph]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Michael. I appreciate your comment! smile

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#350286 - 01/10/11 05:11 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Czaesar72]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
My Brother,

Welcome back, and thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to an older sibling (my cousin in this case) "introducing me to sex" at 5.

Welcome.

I'm a recent arrival myself. And I've been reading a ton on childhood sexual abuse and its affects on us as adults. It has been incredibly beneficial for me to browse on MS forums and participate as well.

You've done the right thing coming back here. I would like to suggest to you to check out Al-anon - for people who have been affected by someone else's drinking (your father). Having a face to face community to meet with every week will be paramount as you re-begin your odyssey into CSA recovery.

I am coming to understand that viewing CSA (childhood sexual abuse) as a disease helps me to address several things.

1. I am not responsible for what happened to me. I was victimized. I didn't cause it, and I certainly can't control it, and I definitely can't cure it.

2. The antidote for this disease is to let it all out. Talk to people. Reason things out. Find a support network of people you can grow to trust and allow them in.

2a. Looking at this as a disease - it is a Disease of the Self. Our sense of boundary, privacy, trust, intimacy and understanding of love and sex were obliterated with the abuse. As a result, we struggle with learning how to relate with other people, not knowing where proper boundaries are, not knowing our own identity, not knowing our own worth, and not knowing how to become intimate with other people without there being sexual confusion or tension involved.

Our task is to unlearn the lies that our abusers taught us, and to teach ourselves how to have healthy boundaries and build build trust and intimate relationships with other people.

3. Focus on you. Find the little one inside you. If you can't find him yet, keep looking. Connect to him. Reach out to him. I thought the whole inner child thing was a nauseating cliche, but I recently discovered my little one, waiting. And I had a major realization of just how brave and courageous and smart the little one was.

The choices that little one made when I was 8, saved my life. I survived.

4. Remember that this is a process. Be patient. Be kind. Be loving. To yourself.

5. Get the book "Victims No Longer". I'm on page 160 (400 page book), and it has blown my mind several times already. This book is about ME.

Welcome back, brother. I hope you choose to stick around - for yourself and for all of us.

I wish you peace and brotherhood.

D

Edited by tdillon (01/18/11 05:58 PM)

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#350310 - 01/10/11 09:40 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Magellan]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

dillon, thank for your insightful advice; i truly appreciate!And, yes, I am here to stay, I have found a family that i'm not willing to leave! Thanks again for your warm welcome!

#350312 - 01/10/11 10:01 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Czaesar72]
weharry1959 Offline

Loc: N/W Pennsylvania, USA
Czaesar - what you shared is so incomprehensible that people would be so bold and arrogant to take advantage of your genuine heart. I know that it doesn't mean much, But, I am sorry. So sorry for your hurting.

You are one courageous bro to share and I am humbled and honored to be part of a brotherhood that you are. You give me strength and solace.

Thank you for your courage and being real.

Bill

#350430 - 01/12/11 01:49 AM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: weharry1959]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you Bill!
You give me strength and solace by saying such kind words. Being understood by someone that has being in our shoes gives us a huge jump start to our journey from being a victim to being a survivor.

Thank you so very much!

#350573 - 01/13/11 12:08 AM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Czaesar72]
tommyb Offline

Loc: American South

#350579 - 01/13/11 12:49 AM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: tommyb]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know, I hope posting my story, would help everyone know there are not along. and ever each of our stories are we all have something in common. WE are no longer victim but survivor.

Thanks for your comment Tommy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.