Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (woodenshoes), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#349920 - 01/06/11 02:23 PM Physical Torture Survivors
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
My father and his friend restrained and tortured my sister and I for the fun of it. I don't recall specific sexual assaults during my torture because I always fainted from the pain inflicted. It was a weekly, weekend thrill of theirs.

I am curious about the "Why" behind this type of predator's sick mind. Are there others here whose abuser's focus was primarily on physical torture rather than sexual violation?

Edited by WriterKeith (01/06/11 02:24 PM)

#349927 - 01/06/11 03:20 PM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: WriterKeith]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
I don't know the "why" but it is similar to my experience. My uncle who sexually abused me along with most of his brothers, used to use me for their sadistic pleasure. Once, they put me on a horse bareback, that had not been broken, and slapped it's hindquarter. I went flying across the barnyard and the horse threw me against the barn. They all laughed at my misfortune. I think if they might have also sexually abused me if they had the chance. This incident, and others like it, only confirmed my feeling "owned" by them--especially the uncle who used me as his sex slave for over ten years.

#349931 - 01/06/11 04:26 PM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: ACRoberts]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Thanks for your post, Allan. Sexual predators seem to have power at the core of their own issues. I am wondering what could be at the core of someone deriving pleasure from inflicting pain on family members.

I'm trying to figure it out because my family is currently dealing with these issues with my elderly father. He is 89 and not at all feeble. He has launched a nightmare against the family, including false police reports, death threats, and persuading someone to burst into my niece's home and assault family members.

As usual, I am the family manager and navigating the family through this mess. Insights from this site helps.

Thanks again,
Keith

#349959 - 01/06/11 06:53 PM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: WriterKeith]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
TRIGGER TRIGGER

I likewise can't really offer the "why" for anyone else but part of the abuse my father included was sticking needles in the soles of my feet before sexually assaulting me. I think the 'why' for this was that he figured out I was disassociating during the rapes so I think he figured out a way to force me to stay present.

If not needles, he would sometimes hit the soles of my feet with a belt. I think he did the belt and needles because it generally didn't leave scars - he was a clever sadistic pedophile.

I have to imagine the demons/desires driving him and his actions against me are beyond imagination or de>

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#349960 - 01/06/11 07:00 PM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: Survivinguy]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
With my last therapist I discussed the physical part of my assault for the first time. That night was alternate periods of beatings, torture and rapes.

His words are very true - "some people are just evil".

#349987 - 01/07/11 01:29 AM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: prisonerID]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There are several of us here who endured torture. I'm so sorry you all had to go through it.

Allen

#350037 - 01/07/11 02:24 PM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
I am wondering what could be at the core of someone deriving pleasure from inflicting pain on family members.

I cannot put to words the look that was in my mothers eye as she beat on me at diffrent times (how does one describe hatred and pleasure wrapped up in the same word?) - but... I can GUARANTEE you that I'll never forget it as many days as I live...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#350053 - 01/07/11 05:28 PM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: TJ jeff]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: TJ jeff
Quote:
I am wondering what could be at the core of someone deriving pleasure from inflicting pain on family members.

I cannot put to words the look that was in my mothers eye as she beat on me at diffrent times (how does one describe hatred and pleasure wrapped up in the same word?) - but... I can GUARANTEE you that I'll never forget it as many days as I live...

That is so sad. I'm sorry you had to have that.

Allen

#350102 - 01/08/11 01:21 AM Re: Physical Torture Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

This post was moved to the "Member's Side" in continuity with a thread there.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=350110#Post350110

Allen

Edited by pufferfish (01/08/11 02:26 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.