Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
8 registered (PhoenixRising, Obi, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#349846 - 01/05/11 04:34 PM What Disclosure Cost Me
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
I'm not sure if I'm supposed or allowed to post in this branch, but I want to let you guys know that there are supportive people.
My partner is a ms and it is beyond me, how you can leave someone that you love and care for about something so horrible.
Yes, I've also been thinking about leaving him, because some of his behaviour affects our relationship.
But deep down I know I can't leave him alone, it's not his fault what happened.
And whenever I get angry, I think of how much I appreciate his courage to open up and share this horrible detail about his childhood. That must have been so difficult.

But, what shocked me most was the reaction of a close friend when I turned to her for support. We should never have children, and if I wasn't afraid he would become a perp himself. wtf?
As a partner of a ms, all these chliches make me vary of who I talk to this about.
I wish the public would become more aware of csa and of csa of boys in particular.

#349864 - 01/05/11 07:55 PM Re: What Disclosure Cost Me [Re: Shawushka]
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
Sorry, I posted this in a part I wasn't supposed to post. Even though it's written in bright red letters at the top of the page. My excuses.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.