Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (Dave PNW, kcinohio, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63787 Topics
445435 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#3490 - 08/04/04 12:51 AM Re: About time......
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
Okay, being nosey. What were your bad points? I know I have quite a few.
Casey

#3491 - 08/04/04 01:22 AM Re: About time......
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Marc,
I am grinning because something similar happened to me a few years ago with a very good therapist I had.

She wanted me to find ways to bond with other men (adults) in a supportive enviroment. Keep in mind I was going to a baptist counseling center and pretty much didn't want God to be any part of life's equation for me (got to know my story to understand the reasoning on that).

Anyway she kept after me to consider going to a men's retreat with the baptist churches. I was like, sure I will think about it (had to try and be respectful of her feelings I thought because that is how my life had always been - feelings of others over myself). So after months of bugging me, I really wanted to tel her to FK off but couldn't bring myself to do that.

Ok, what did I do. I signed up to go to the Voices conference with a lot of people I didn't know and I knew very little about. I figured, I would show her! And I did, but I also showed myself which is what sounds like happened with you.

I don't know if this type of pushing is always good but my therapist knew how to bring things out in me and in the long run, I think she picked the best method.

Your story reminded me of that and brought a chuckle to my heart. It also had me thinking, that's the way... you're doing it man!

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#3492 - 08/04/04 10:36 AM Re: About time......
Aden Offline

That great! I run thru the list of bad things every day even sometime when I donít realize that I am doing it. Tonight while I am at work alone I think Iíll try to run the positive list. Thanks!

Aden

#3493 - 08/04/04 04:11 PM Re: About time......
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Marc,

it sounds like an exercise very worth doing, by everyone here. I know that it is one that I will be trying.

I hope you can keep that list, keep it with you. And when you are feeling bad or low on yourself, or 'weak' or some such thing, read it. See in 'black and white' that you are indeed a man of great character and quality. You are a GOOD man Marc.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#3494 - 08/04/04 06:02 PM Re: About time......
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Well, Hell, man, what've we been telling you?

\:D

Today, I feel a bit negative, so could you do mine?

(Waitaminnit, just rethought that. Nevermind! :p )

Seriously, it's a good revelation, no?

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#3496 - 08/04/04 06:48 PM Re: About time......
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Marc
Quote:
I HATE it when a good tantrum goes to waste like that [Razz] .
But was it worth it?

Dave ;\)

#3497 - 08/04/04 08:59 PM Re: About time......
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
See. Instead of a tantrum you gained some very good insight. But it is ok to have a tantrum. Sometimes it is good for the soul.
^$*&P(&*&)+*)(^$%$*&^)^_)_+)_+_)*_*(^(*&*%&^$*&^

There!!!!!!! \:D

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.