Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
5 registered (pufferfish, JerryG, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62516 Topics
438105 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#349552 - 01/02/11 02:29 AM Realizations for 2010
Sacred_Sage Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've been here since '07 when I was 19 years of age. I didn't really start participating until I was 20, and I have found now that 22 seems to be the biggest progress I have had. It also seems odd to me.

I've looked back at my posts from 20-21 year old me, and I looked back at the 21-22 year old me. I have to say that the latter is much more real about the problems. It also seems to me that this newer version of me seems to be better at handling problems and such... apparently, is really good at giving advice too. The realizations I have had in the latter part of 2010 have really blown me out of the water.

First off for you who don't know me, I'm a person who dwells in the chat most of the time. I prefer this method because it's as real-time as we can get for advice. I usually use the forums when I don't feel like talking about certain issues in real-time (and those are the ones that I should be talking about in chat).

I have learned in 2010, that I do not have to live in shame anymore. My best friend pointed out that I let the bad emotions get to me the most. All the negatives about who I am do not matter. I no longer think of myself as a loner, broken, unwanted, etc. Rationally, I knew they weren't right, but my emotions and feelings told me otherwise.

I have also learned to appreciate how men of this site see me. I use the chat quite a bit, and there are individuals on there who I owe a debt of gratitude. They saw me in a different light then what I saw myself in the past three years. I also owe individuals of the forums the same debt. So if you are one of these men, thank you. I am learning to see what you saw, and I am accepting it.

With this new sense of self, I have also began to connect to my emotions in a bigger and better way. I have (for some of the first times in my life) felt that it was okay to feel what I feel, to say what I want to say, and to express that what I want to express. I finally have a voice to use that is mine and mine alone. I thank once again, the strong, courageous, and brave men on this site for showing me the way.

I find that it is okay to let the old guards down and to show people what it means to be me. In doing so in 2010, I have felt (actually FELT and CONNECT to others) loved and cared for.... for just being me. It has been overwhelming at times, but each day, I get stronger. My family (which includes everyone here) has been a big part in that process. As a result, I have shared and shared and shared.

I hope that 2011 sees fit to allow me to keep on this path, but I needed to express my gratitude and progress that this site has given me.

And if you will,

(((Hugs)))

~Cameron

#349566 - 01/02/11 09:58 AM Re: Realizations for 2010 [Re: Sacred_Sage]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
cameron,

great reflection on where you've been and where you're going....

you're a lot stronger than you have given yourself credit for and i see that strength, and progress, growing....

keeping moving forward as all of us will walk with you on our journey as well.

through each other we learn and grow...

keep fighting the good fight.. you will make it!

todd/obi

my story

my vlog

#349568 - 01/02/11 10:41 AM Re: Realizations for 2010 [Re: Obi]
lfp Offline

Cameron, That's Great news!!

I had a lot of positive things and improvements as well in 2010. One of them is truly accepting that I am not a failure, I am now able to let my mind go end explore, I am starting to like myself!! laugh

((Happy New Year))

Luis

The Round Table, Mondays 7:30pm CST.

#349569 - 01/02/11 10:42 AM Re: Realizations for 2010 [Re: Sacred_Sage]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Cameron,

This is one of the most thoughtful and encouraging posts I have read. It is wonderful how you are able to look back and see how far you have come in the last three years. That is no small thing since it is our perceptions that often betray us into not seeing progress in ourselves.

Thank you for sharing this with all of us - I know it encourages me on this day. I hope you know that you are making a difference here with your presence as well.

I look forward to hearing of your amazing your journey in 2011.

Hugs to you.

Daryl

#349583 - 01/02/11 04:26 PM Re: Realizations for 2010 [Re: prisonerID]
tommyb Offline

Loc: American South

#349588 - 01/02/11 05:18 PM Re: Realizations for 2010 [Re: tommyb]
tommyb Offline

Loc: American South

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.