Newest Members
KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972
12419 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, Rich1967, pow, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12419 Members
74 Forums
63767 Topics
445327 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#341006 - 09/28/10 11:10 AM Clenching my teeth
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I find myself having to unclench my teeth lately.

I have to make a concerted effort it unclench my teeth, and lower jaw several times a day. I have been experiencing a more steady stream of stress as I apply the building curiosity of recovery towards social and employment opportunities, as well as family.

Is it a control coping mechanism or what?

Sam

#349525 - 01/01/11 06:08 PM Re: Clenching my teeth [Re: SamV]
Guss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: tx usa
You are clenching your teeth from stress. A lot of peeps do that at night. They grind their teeth and jaws too. I clench my fist, and tighten up my legs/feet. I have to make an effort at it.

#349542 - 01/01/11 09:57 PM Re: Clenching my teeth [Re: Guss]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yes, Sam and Guss

I have been told by a dentist that I clench my teeth at night.

I now use a CPAP machine which puffs a little stream of air down my mouth at night to prevent sleep apnea. I also take a little bit of sleep med (5 mg. zolpidem) which helps me sleep through the dreams and the hissing and farting of the CPAP machine.

I think I have had terrible dreams habitually since childhood. They are easing up now. As a tiny boy I used to wet the bed nightly. This started after abuse at age 4. My mother always told me that she had a little "talk" with me about it and that I stopped after that. Her little talks were about as persuasive as those of late President Lyndon B. Johnson *.

So I still wake up at night to "pee". Now I take an additional 5mg of zolpidem (not very much) and go back to sleep the rest of the night. It works for me.

Allen

* Lyndon B. Johnson, the successor to Robert F. Kennedy, "... was renowned for his domineering personality and the "Johnson treatment," his coercion of powerful politicians in order to advance legislation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.