Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#347017 - 12/03/10 08:32 PM Impersonal Urologists
many_mees Offline
MaleSurvivor

Please don't be offended by this post if you are a Urologist. Mine IS a real pain in the ... . Every year, about this time, he gets pushy about me getting an exam. And every year, I get way over anxious about his examination.

This year has put me over the top. His staff is about as friendly as smiling Pitbulls. His manor, though extremely professional, is condescending and impersonal. And he has a way of pushing my buttons and getting me to feeling very insecure. Especially when I avoid dealing with him about these things.

Part of the problem is his system of dealing with patients. I receive a phone call only a couple of days before the exam and I'm reminded to have PSA exam results ready for him. This is based on a>

#347018 - 12/03/10 08:34 PM Re: Impersonal Urologists [Re: many_mees]
many_mees Offline
MaleSurvivor

Addendum

I'm cancelling the appointment on Monday. I just can't deal with this.

Done

#347034 - 12/03/10 10:57 PM Re: Impersonal Urologists [Re: many_mees]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
The only thing worse than an impersonal urologist would be a personal urologist. That would be one who got personally interested in my apparatus. (My "junk" as the guy in the airport inspection station called it).

Like the doctor who, with his nurse, was about to administer a colonoscopy to me. I lay there in all my glory with my butt sticking out towards them as they prepared a device that looked like a black vacuum cleaner hose. What really bothered me is they seemed quite entertained. I wasn't at all amused.

Or, like the lady dermatologist I saw for a fungal infection in my finger nail. She ordered me to get undressed and to wear one of those backward smocks they give you in the hospital. (I remind you it was my finger nail that was my complaint). Then she handled me with those little sticks like popsicle sticks they call tongue depressers. Now I know why they're called that! They're quite depressing. She examined me all over butt found nothing other than my fingernail.

Or then again there was the doctor who several years ago ordered me to turn around, drop my pants and lean on the examining table as he donned his glove. I realized the need to have my prostate "palpated", but what bothered me was the fact that he enjoyed it so much. He turned around suddenly and went to the corner of the room as if to hide a foolish grin. Then I learned the meaning of the word "chagrin".

And then there was the doctor who had to examine all of us boys as we entered the boy scout camp. There were about 50 of us. We all had to undress completely and file past the doctor who stuck his index finger up behind our scrotum and told us to "caugh". He was making sure that we didn't have a rupture. As he did this, the manager of the camp and his assistant stood there watching. I guess they were watching to make sure he did a thorough job. eek

They get paid for their practice. Why do they have to enjoy it?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (12/03/10 11:18 PM)

#349523 - 01/01/11 05:44 PM Re: Impersonal Urologists [Re: pufferfish]
Guss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: tx usa
wait just one minute. That does not sound normal for boy scout camp. Not at all.
I am sorry your urologist is a jerk. I had one of those. I swtiched to a new dr that I really like. He is kind, friendly, treats me like I'm one of his buddies. He visits with me longer than average patients, and we both tell jokes.
Maybe, you should find a new doc.

#349534 - 01/01/11 08:45 PM Re: Impersonal Urologists [Re: Guss]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Thanks Guss,

Thanks for taking time to address my post.

Yes, all of those things happened in the past. I also have a good GP now and we get along well.

That really happened about the examinations in scout camp. That really was an abusive camp experience. It was absolutely horrible and destructive to me. I don't ask you read the story (pufferfish story part 5) as it's too gross.

The other things happened also.

Perhaps the way in which my post is skewed is that I have for the most part received really good and compassionate medical treatment.

Allen

Edited by pufferfish (01/01/11 08:54 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.