Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441810 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#349252 - 12/29/10 02:29 PM Die Blechtrommel
Patrick Offline

It would be nice to have a board section specifically for cinema with each nominated movie having its own subject title.

Cinema is such a powerful medium and can be hugely therapeutic.

The cinema section in the books area is already very popular with members.

#349284 - 12/30/10 01:05 AM Re: Die Blechtrommel [Re: Patrick]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Patrick

Cinema is such a powerful medium and can be hugely therapeutic.

That's exactly right, Patrick. I have found a bunch of movies which I've called "healing". I've had depersonalization disorder among other things and seeing a film which seems to bring me back to who I am is worth reporting to others. The latest one I reported is The Painted House, taken from a novel by Grisham. The healing seems to be in the psychological process of projecting myself into the character in the film.

I have added the one you recommend, Die Blechtrommel, to my list in Netflix. Oddly enough I'm almost the same age as the boy in that film. I also developed a speech disorder but I didn't bang a drum. I had several musical toys, all of which disappeared "mysteriously" after a few days. That speech problem left of it's own accord but then returned when I was 13 years old and lasted for over 3 years.

Allen

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.