Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (kcinohio, 86, don64, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#349252 - 12/29/10 02:29 PM Die Blechtrommel
Patrick Offline

It would be nice to have a board section specifically for cinema with each nominated movie having its own subject title.

Cinema is such a powerful medium and can be hugely therapeutic.

The cinema section in the books area is already very popular with members.

#349284 - 12/30/10 01:05 AM Re: Die Blechtrommel [Re: Patrick]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Patrick

Cinema is such a powerful medium and can be hugely therapeutic.

That's exactly right, Patrick. I have found a bunch of movies which I've called "healing". I've had depersonalization disorder among other things and seeing a film which seems to bring me back to who I am is worth reporting to others. The latest one I reported is The Painted House, taken from a novel by Grisham. The healing seems to be in the psychological process of projecting myself into the character in the film.

I have added the one you recommend, Die Blechtrommel, to my list in Netflix. Oddly enough I'm almost the same age as the boy in that film. I also developed a speech disorder but I didn't bang a drum. I had several musical toys, all of which disappeared "mysteriously" after a few days. That speech problem left of it's own accord but then returned when I was 13 years old and lasted for over 3 years.

Allen

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.