Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (Hanuman, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441821 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#348954 - 12/24/10 12:15 AM Giving Up on Film
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I've been working on a pretty intense film that combines stills, motion clips and music. Things have become too painful in my life to complete it. There is some footage however that I think describes or speaks volumes for many of us that I want to offer to you. Its just rough footage and no music or sound-track. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnIixZtKHF8

Still's Globs

New Video

#348978 - 12/24/10 11:15 AM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: Still]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Robbie,

I hear you!!! I hear your screams. I honor the place your at.

I weep with you.

This film speaks volumes.

Donnie

#348998 - 12/24/10 01:48 PM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: Avery46]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie

I think your concept of your films is excellent. They just need a touch of production to put them out there for people where they can hear them. You and I can make everybody bawl if we want to. What we've been doing is expressing our pain. That isn't necessarily the way to relate to an audience. They can't absorb it. The average person is just not going to relate to it. We need to form these things into something that everybody can relate to. I don't have the software to work with it or I would try.

Allen

pufferfish

#349000 - 12/24/10 02:54 PM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: pufferfish]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

My videos on my YouTube and Blog will have to do for the forseable future. What I've posted today is just clips I've gathered (and sought permission for one year to use - oy!) I've got a lot more that are similarly copyright-cleared and a ton of my own clips and shots. I just want to thrown out this "agony sequence" because its how I felt then and especially now, but there's no way I can continue to work on this project any more.

Still's Globs

New Video

#349049 - 12/25/10 09:01 PM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oops...I left some music and the screeming track in there. They don't sync at all, so please forgive (or turn down the sound). The sreaming still pierces my heart and I've worked on this footage for a year.

Still's Globs

New Video

#349053 - 12/25/10 09:19 PM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie,

He screams for all of us when we weren't able to.

Rather than step back, I would hope you have the nucleus of a full length presentation. It's the only way our story will ever break into the consciousness of the world out there.

Allen

#349069 - 12/26/10 06:16 AM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: pufferfish]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
i agree, he screams for all our silenced ones.

cj

#349070 - 12/26/10 07:31 AM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: CheerfulJohn]
derrick Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Robbie

A powerful vid

Thanks for posting

Alumnai of May 2011 DAHLONEGA (a life changeing event)
Alumnai of October 2010 WOR Hope Springs
Dahlonega

#349092 - 12/26/10 03:38 PM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: derrick]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie

After thinking a lot about this clip of yours, I think it should become the emotional high point of a full-length movie that should be produced by you and us (other guys on MS). It should have a story line that would begin with a boy in a family. It should be a fairly typical family but with some dysfunctional aspects. Then the boy gets groomed by the neighbor down the street. The boy is lonely and he gets sucked in. Then he gets abused by the perp. Actual abuse scenes not shown but suggested. Then it starts showing the effects on the boy. He starts having problems in school. His grades go down. He begins to be angry at home. His relationships with his parents and siblings become much worse. He starts to show anger. He tries to "tell" at home and at school but his pleas are rejected. Finally he goes out in the field and screams.

The proposed name of the movie: Field of Screams

Allen

#349104 - 12/26/10 07:21 PM Re: Giving Up on Film [Re: pufferfish]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Allen,

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I just don't have the heart to produce this next one. I story-boarded it a long time ago and then went after rights to music (got it) "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla and rights to various video clips. I wanted to employ a kid actor, but he's grown too old. I HAD a budget of...well...a lot. Now I'm more broke than Willie Nelson after an IRS audit. But what really killed it was seeing (from various angles) the public apathy regarding CSA. Few topics piss me off like public apathy over children being abused.

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.