Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, Banjo596, CheerfulJohn), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#348855 - 12/22/10 05:29 PM Kids say the darndest things
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
A group of previous kindergartners were trying very hard to become accustomed to the first grade. The biggest hurdle they faced was that the teacher insisted on NO baby talk!

"You need to use 'Big People' words," she was always reminding them. She asked Chris what he had done over the weekend.

"I went to visit my Nana."

"No, you went to visit your GRANDMOTHER. Use 'Big People' words!" She then asked Mitchell what he had done.

"I took a ride on a choo-choo." She said "No, you took a ride on a TRAIN. You must remember to use 'Big People' words." She then asked little Alec what he had done.

"I read a book," he replied.

"That's WONDERFUL!" the teacher said. "What book did you read?"

Alec thought real hard about it, then puffed out his chest with great pride, and said, "Winnie the SH*T."

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#348912 - 12/23/10 09:53 AM Re: Kids say the darndest things [Re: michael Joseph]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
smile

#348914 - 12/23/10 10:20 AM Re: Kids say the darndest things [Re: prisonerID]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I was with another Cub-Scout leader, talking to the Beavers (age 6-8 yrs). At the moment we are filling the role of Beaver leaders as well as filling our usual roles as Cub-Scout leaders. We were talking to them about Christmas, and he was talking about Santa Clause. At one point it became relevant in the conversation for him to ask

"and do you know where i work?"

the relevant answer was to say a hospital (he was teaching them about caring for others and things like that), and the one little boy, with absolute honesty and conviction, said

"The North Pole?"

It seems like we lost them somewhere with what we were trying to teach them. Somewhere along the line they seemed to think that he was Santa Clause??? Well, i guess kids can be hardwork sometimes lol. It certainly made me laugh though. I wasn't expecting that.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#457443 - 12/26/13 05:24 PM Re: Kids say the darndest things [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
bump

Puffer

#457459 - 12/27/13 02:52 AM Re: Kids say the darndest things [Re: michael Joseph]
tbkkfile Online   content

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
That was wonderful MJ, it really made me laugh, thank you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.