Newest Members
baltimura, YotaD55, giant251, Casey_SC, Xr2
12375 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (BraveFalcon, baltimura, Dave PNW, Jim1961), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12375 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444250 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#348335 - 12/16/10 07:42 PM Re: Who's to Blame for CSA? Perp or Victim? [Re: Avery46]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Well, Donnie, I think I wrote it pretty clearly, but maybe not. The written word doesn't have alot of the signals of communications, such as inflection, facial expression, volume, etc.

What I am saying is, from what the men here have written, especially in the survivors of female abuse section, is that some of their mothers abused them because the mother wanted a substitute for a healthy relationship with someone their equal. Maybe they did't have a babysitter, or couldn't afford a babysitter, or weren't motivated to even look for a babysitter.

So, instead of going out and looking for to meet a mature adult man to have a relationship with, the mom would stay home and have a relationship with her male child instead.

I didn't mean the mom would take the child with her to the grocery store, and maybe some guy would think she looked very nice and motherly, and maybe ask her out.

Is that clearer? I hope so.

Heal well, Donnie.

D.

Edited by Disappointed (12/16/10 08:36 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar correction

#348356 - 12/17/10 08:44 AM Re: Who's to Blame for CSA? Perp or Victim? [Re: Avery46]
1227ms Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Quote:
To add to walking souths great answer the perp also bears 100% of the blame in adolescent/ adolescent abuse too.. in my (very strong) opinion...

Thanks for reinforcing this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those were my abuse years. I still wrestle with the feelings of responsibility and having felt pleasure during it. My intellect knows the answers, but it takes a lot of work to get my heart in the same place.

Hope Springs alumnus 2011

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.