Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#348197 - 12/15/10 10:17 AM Asking for Leniency
weharry1959 Offline

Loc: N/W Pennsylvania, USA
Linked to this is a report from Fox News that this young man's attorney is asking for leniency for sexually abusing boys in Haiti. Does he ask too much or does he have a valid point? Personally, I don't think so, we each have to take responsibility for our actions. But, my heart hurts for him, nonetheless.

Child Sex Abuser Cites Relationship With Priest in Plea for Leniency

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/15/adm.../#ixzz18C4KL8R0

#348225 - 12/15/10 04:15 PM Re: Asking for Leniency [Re: weharry1959]
kidneythis Offline

I don't see it persuading anyone. If anything the abuse should have made him less likely to abuse. And to go on to say it was a sudden break is beyond dishonest. I just don't see the appearance of a fantasy progressing to abuse so quickly that one doesn't know or understand what is happening this many times. Once is possible but to do this over a long period of time using extortion by power and threat of witholding what amounts to life saving benefits he is not doing this as a compulsive reaction to having been abused. It was a long term, more than a decade pattern of abuses.

I see no reason to give the fact of his having been abused any weight in his sentencing.
The Vampire Myth is a myth. Abuse may confuse one and make on do strange, humiliating, and destructive things but I do not see becoming an abuser as one of those things.

Edited by kidneythis (12/15/10 04:17 PM)

#348227 - 12/15/10 05:14 PM Re: Asking for Leniency [Re: kidneythis]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Oh yeah, and being sexually abused by an older male, will supposedly make a younger male child be "gay" too! I have heard it all from the media, ignorant people paranoid of some sort of Vampire Myth ideation. Abusers will say and do anything to minimize and deminish their own responsibilities in their own criminal immoral actions.

That little boy, he made me do it. He made passes at me. He wanted it. etc etc.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.