Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34827 - 06/16/02 07:18 AM Re: Father Day Blues
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
My abuser took away my ablity to have kids,but god brought an great lady and her little girl into my life. Helping raise her to be a strong independent women has given me great joy.
For all you out there that have a lady in your life but no kids, don,t run from having kids because they could bring great joy to your life.
Cement, how many fathers out there could give an rats ass about their kids. You are helping raise that child and you shouldn,t feel any less important being an stepfather.
Eddie I know alot about what you are going through, 10 years ago when my girl was 13, i was super hard to live with. Never told my wife or girl what was going on about my abuse just took my pain and anger out on them. The one thing I did learned to do was take a 13 second break before saying mean things. If I was super mad then i would walk away. As your little girl grows into a lady your arguments may get super big ,My girl and I had an special word that would stop our arguments and make us take a time out, if it was said by either of us. It was our relief valve.
My father was alse part of my life when I was growing up but he felt much pain in not having protected me and my brother from the abuse of the church. It was hard for him to deal with such evil in the 1960,s. IT,s funny how our abuse has effected so many others. Muldoon

#34828 - 06/16/02 09:04 AM Re: Father Day Blues
getteddie Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, Md
Everyone,
I decided to freak-out yesterday instead of today...stayed balled up on the couch..then ran off to work early without eating dinner or anything all day...did keep my mouth mostly shut! I made yesterday my bad father's day...so it feels like it is over...should try that with other days that I hate! Today I will try to live and be a good father...even party some!!!

Happy Father's Day
Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.